The "Oh, Good Grief" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I know what you're saying but I still think she should lose the crown. To me a responsible person wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I grew up with irresponsibility and have a hard heart when it come to those things.

We are all irresponisble in our own little ways (and sometimes in some big ones too)

writerterri said:
It's BS if you ask me. Take her crown off and make an example out of her. Miss America is a title to be worn with dignity, now it means you can mess up if your willing to be "responsible" and go to rehab.

It makes me mad.

Will you want the DMV to pull your license completely, to make an example out of you, if you are caught driving on an expired license? Or will you want a second chance if you promise to be responsible?

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Would she be in rehab if she hadn't been found out with the threat of her crown being taken away? That's my question. Good on her for being responsible, but I think she should abdicate on her own.

In response to the "what's the difference" question:

Miss America is a scholarship pageant with talent competitions. It focuses more on goals and personalities (they claim) and each contestant has a "platform" or issue that they want to bring awareness to during the competition. Contestants are usually college students (hence "scholarship").

Miss USA (which is the pageant in question) is just a beauty competition. The women don't need a talent. The winner goes on to Miss Universe. Contestants can be dirty minxes.

Gack. Why do I KNOW all this?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tourdeforce said:
We are all irresponisble in our own little ways (and sometimes in some big ones too)

Will you want the DMV to pull your license completely, to make an example out of you, if you are caught driving on an expired license? Or will you want a second chance if you promise to be responsible?

Miss America I'm not.

You have good examples, but I feel they're off target. If I was pulled over I would get sited, no question about that and I would have to pay a fine. No one would offer me a second chance on that if I promised to never do it again.

As far as being irresponsible, I was thinking on a bigger scale as far as drugs are concerned. I'm going to be a responsible parent and NEVER do drugs. It's not an option for me EVER. Now to the parent who does get into drugs and they decide to go to rehab, more power to them, but if they keep it up, yank the kids.

I feel someone like a Miss America should have this mind set, no room for error.

Status
Not open for further replies.