• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Production co.] Zodiak Media (formerly RDF Media Group)

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I'm probably just being paranoid, but I wanted to ask here just in case.

Okay, I've received an email which claims to be from a casting producer for ABC Television. What they want is something that I don't qualify for, but the email offers me a substantial finder's fee if I refer others to them who do meet their requirements.

I know ABC Television is legit. I'm just wondering if I'm actually receiving email from them. I followed the trail as far as I could on my own. The sending email has a domain name that seems to be the right one. I did a "who is" search, looked up the company showed as the registrar, then looked up that company (RDF Media) in Google and Wikipedia, and it led me right to the show that the casting producer claims to work for.

Everything looks legit, but I know that email headers are possible to forge and I don't want to refer others if this is something bad.

Is there anything else I should be checking up on? Or am I just being way too paranoid?

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
alleycat said:
One word . . . scam.

Is there a way to inspect the email header to tell where it really came from?

If Victoria wants me to forward the whole email, I can do that.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Yes, I'd be interested in seeing the email, with full headers--send to me at [email protected]

Is there a good reason for you to receive such an email, Jamie? For instance, if I got something like this I'd be inclined to assume it was a scam, because I have no TV or film connections.

- Victoria

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Jodi Friedman persona "from RDF Media" is all over the Internet.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
victoriastrauss said:
Yes, I'd be interested in seeing the email, with full headers--send to me at [email protected]

Is there a good reason for you to receive such an email, Jamie? For instance, if I got something like this I'd be inclined to assume it was a scam, because I have no TV or film connections.

- Victoria

I'll forward it pronto. There is such a reason, because I'm in a position to know some of the (very small) number of people who do fit their requirements for the show.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just to be clear: RDF Media Group is a legit producer. If the email actually came from them, congrats!