The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Dogma Publications

Has a few recurring issues kborsden's Avatar

Dogma Publications

anyone heard of these people?
    I would very much like to know anything about them. I recently discovered an ad stating that they were looking for new poets to publish in their anthologies and compilations. I havent submitted yet because I'm a little weary. so any info would be much appreciated.
    Kieran Borsden
    "to be born Welsh, is to be born--not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but with song in your heart, and poetry in your soul"

-->Read Me

Got to write an Englyn or 2

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    This is the website:

Dogma Publications

...which looks like it redirects to an AOL members page. I'm not sure if that's significant in any way, shape, or form, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

They also offer a printing service (POD and litho). That sounded a little weird to me, but as I'm not a poet, I'm not sure if it's standard to put out their own anthos and be a publisher (for 299 pounds - yikes!).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kborsden
    I recently discovered an ad stating that they were looking for new poets to publish in their anthologies and compilations. I havent submitted yet because I'm a little weary. so any info would be much appreciated.
    Two warning signs: they have an ad (reputable publisher don't advertise for submissions) and they're looking for new poets (people who are looking for new writers are usually doing so because they tend to be easier to fool).

Based on its website, it's possibly not a vanity anthology, but it's not very well-stocked in the clue department.

- Victoria

bimkat11

Dogma Publications

Hi there, just a word of warning about Dogma Publications who are advertising as being based at Bicester Innovation centre. They left the premises in Sept 2006 and have vanished. The innovation centre are telling people to contact the police or trading standards in order to recover money which is owed to them. We sent them a cheque which was cashed in June but have not received the goods but have since discovered they have gone . They are however still advertising on the internet and accepting payment by nochex and paypal. If anyone knows what has happened to them i would love to know.

Procrastination is its own reward K1P1's Avatar
    Is this their web site?

http://www.dogmapublications.co.uk/

Looks bad to me. Vanity press. And their announced titled for August 2006 still say "cover to be confirmed."
    Last edited by K1P1; 03-12-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Well, site's gone entirely now. Perhaps karma ran over their dogma. *ducks and runs*
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: