• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Virginia Kidd Agency

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the name of the guy you corresponded with?

The guy I corresponded with was Ben. Scared me to death, because I thought I'd accidentally sent it to my husband and he was messing with me. LOL. Don't know his last name though, he only gave me his first name.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried Ben at their submissions email address tonight and he replied within a half hour requesting the full. Now I just need to download OpenOffice and convert!

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I queried them tonight as well and got a response lightning fast. I sent a partial (about 35 pages) and 45 minutes later, got a request for a full. I had to work tonight so I didn't get the email until later, but I've sent off the full and we'll see what happens. :)

I corresponded with Ben as well, and he said some really nice things in his request for the full that made my night.

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
What's interesting to me is that my MS is not sci-Fi or fantasy, but dark suspense/literary horror. Maybe they are interested in branching out to other genres?

Well, the post you posted said, they liked taking chances, so maybe that's what that is. Maybe they saw lots of potential and are willing to take the chance. :)

dgrintalis

Registered
Reaction score
I hope so. :)

Here is a silly tidbit. They rep (or repped) Alan Dean Foster who wrote the movie tie-in book to Alien, which is only my most favorite movie in the entire universe. I've seen it over 100 times (I've since stopped counting) and can recite every line. My family doesn't like to watch it with me for that reason. Well, except for my son, who's also seen it enough times to quote. :D

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
My MS isn't SF/F, either. It's a contemporary YA suspense. BUT, my WIP is YA fantasy (sort of), so I'd be really thrilled to be with these guys. I assume they are branching out a bit.

Very cool about the Alien connection, Damien!

I just sent off the full. Gulp.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Lot of fulls requested. I hope one or more of us gets picked up! My MS is a light urban fantasy. Good luck to everyone.

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
Hmm. So I'm not sure if they updated this particular part today or what (...today as in tomorrow as they're an hour ahead of me...), but at the bottom it now says to send them to Ben. Yes, in bold!

...Still have yet to receive a reply myself. Maybe because I didn't address it to Ben? Of course, it didn't say that on the site when I sent my query...

Last edited:

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard back from Ben. He listed several changes he needs, but he liked my novel. He said I'm in his "possible" bin. Does that mean that if I make the changes to his satisfaction, I'll be the client of a name agency, assuming I take it?

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I just heard back from Ben. He listed several changes he needs, but he liked my novel. He said I'm in his "possible" bin. Does that mean that if I make the changes to his satisfaction, I'll be the client of a name agency, assuming I take it?

Wow, Greg, that sounds great. Did he actually ask you to do a revise & resubmit? If so, then I'd assume if he likes what you resubmit (if you agree with his changes), then you're good to go. Although, not all R&R's are ultimately accepted with offers made, you're in a good space right now. Good luck!!!!

Last edited:

dgrintalis

Registered
Reaction score
I just heard from Ben, too. He liked my book, but has proposed a few changes, one of which I am not okay with. I emailed him back to let him know my thoughts, so we'll see what happens.

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
I just heard from Ben, too. He liked my book, but has proposed a few changes, one of which I am not okay with. I emailed him back to let him know my thoughts, so we'll see what happens.

Wow, great news guys!! Good luck to both of you!!