• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Virginia Kidd Agency

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
And Vaughne Lee Hansen doesn't show up on Agent Query. I'm curious, too.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did some GoodSearch-fu last night and found blog posts from the people she reps, but no other information beyond that.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
She's experienced, knowledgable, and wonderfully responsive. I've been a client for about a year and a half, and I can't say enough good things about Vaughne or the agency.

Thomas Scot

Registered
Reaction score
Virginia Kidd

Anybody know whether I should query Christine Cohen or Vaughne Hansen at Virginia Kidd?

I can't find more specific info on which agent specializes on SF or F; if they both look at queries for both genres; who might be the more appropriate first contact, etc. Thanks in advance. Tom

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Can we merge these threads?

Thomas Scot, bright-line distinctions between science fiction and fantasy are there for the readers, not the writers or editors or agents. Professionals in the field who deal with the one can be assumed to deal with the other, unless and until they tell you otherwise. It's not likely they'll do so.

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
What did you send to them beside your query letter?
...Nothing.

The site was less than specific and both agents on AgentQuery still have "not taking anything" listed (in a nutshell). Near the end of the site it says "Queries & Manuscript Submissions" and then where to send, but I thought, "No way do they want the entire manuscript," so I just queried.

I did some googling and found conflicting info too, so that didn't really help. I figure if they want to see more, they'll ask. :)

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
AlterEgox5, could you let us know when you get a response?

Thanks,
Dev

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried the Virginia Kidd Agency maybe an hour ago. A few minutes later I got a request for the entire manuscript, and the guy said I'd hear from them within a week.

Wow.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
What's Open Office format? (I just looked at their web site) I use works, and then usually save as a .doc - but this is just a query, so... I'm confused!

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
What's Open Office format? (I just looked at their web site) I use works, and then usually save as a .doc - but this is just a query, so... I'm confused!

If you click on the link where it say open office you can download it for free. They want the whole manuscript when you send the query. Just FYI. So, make sure to download open office.

When I copy and pasted my word doc into open office it screwed up my formatting so I had to use text edit(notepad in windows). I c & p into text edit and then c & p THAT into open office and it kept my formatting.

Hope this helps.

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
If you click on the link where it say open office you can download it for free. They want the whole manuscript when you send the query. Just FYI. So, make sure to download open office.
...Crud. I couldn't believe that they'd want to see the full ms. so I didn't send it. Now I'm not sure if I should wait or query again with the ms in tow (and an apology for screwing up the first time...).

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
GAH! I just queried an hour ago and they asked for my full!

AlterEgox5, I did not attach the full with my query, and they wrote back to say that they are interested based on my query content and want to see the first chapter or the full. So, I don't think that's a dealbreaker.