Post NaNo Word Count

joannadandy

9,000...yeah I totally crapped out.

I am just at a crossroads as to if I continue as is - or just start over - I haven't made enough of an investment, and feel like I started off too impersonally.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Joannadandy, in my first NaNo attempt, I know I'll have to chuck the first 20,000 words when I tackle the revision. I began the story in the wrong place. If it's still a story concept you'd like to explore, I'd suggest to keep going. Once you reach an ending, you can figure out where the beginning should be. It also might help to look upon your 9K words as part of an outline or extended brainstorming session. IMHO, no writing is wasted.

Congrats on being 9K closer to a novel!

ETA: note to self, next time read the name more clearly before posting a reply. Sorry, Joanna!

Last edited:

Thrillride

A Suburban Farmer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asuburbanfarmer.com
*nodding* Yup. I had a tendency before to be all over the place. While there is nothing wrong with writing a scene you are thinking of and stick it in here or there, NaNo taught me to just get it down on paper. Fix it later.

I have found that when I have something of a skeleton to work with, I am much happier and there's not a lot of writier's block going on.