• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Barbara Braun Associates

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...I see not so many folks query her. Well, if my experience is indicative, at least she's fast and responsive -- two days from e-query to form R. Go for it!

Eponine

Registered
Reaction score
First R

Got my very first R on my novel from this agency today. It was just a form R, and I received it in 7 days.

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Sent an email query to Barbara Braun on 10/21 and have received no response. Guess that means no, huh?

SanFranBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Wanted to add stats. I emailed my query May 26th, she replied by June 1 (and that includes a 3 day holiday weekend). She gave me a fast no :( But, I am glad to know sooner rather than later! She looks like a great agent for those who interest her.

writerGDW

Registered
Reaction score
stats

queried 12/5
form R 12/8 "Not for us, thanks."
narrative nonfiction

Shortest form rejection I've ever seen. :) But better than no response.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Just found her on querytracker yesterday. She represents exactly what I write- Laurel Corona and Susan Vreeland are similar to my type of content.

Gorgeous covers too!. I'm just beginning another rewrite. Looking forward to querying her when I'm finally in a place to begin the process.

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

I just queried her with my social issues women's fiction. Thanks for bringing her to my attention, she seems great! If I hear back, I'll update.

ralf58

shhh, I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
Another fast reply here. E-query on Sunday 8-5. On Thursday 8-9, I received "Not for us, thanks."

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
Same for me. EQ and ER in about a week. "Not for us, Thanks." No name or anything else. At fist I was a little put off by it, but really, there's no good way to break bad news. At least she responds, quickly, and it's to the point.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I queried her a few months ago. R for me as well.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Queried on 1/12/ Passed on 1/16.

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
Just tried to query her and the address on her site, [email protected], isn't working. I'm using gmail myself, and gmail says the address isn't recognized and cannot be sent. Anyone got more info, or an updated address for Ms. Braun?

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Just tried to query her and the address on her site, [email protected], isn't working. I'm using gmail myself, and gmail says the address isn't recognized and cannot be sent. Anyone got more info, or an updated address for Ms. Braun?

So sorry, but bbasubmissions@​gmail.com is correct, as per her agency's web site. However, I note that Agent Query mentions this being an invalid email address.

You could try her other email address: barbara@​barbarabraunagency.com. This was also taken off the agency web site. Possibly explain the issue with her gmail address, and not being an isolated occurrence. Be sure to write "Query" in the subject line.

Best of luck!

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
Appreciate the reply, Maddie, but guess what:

The address "barbara@​barbarabraunagency.com" in the "To" field was not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

C'est la vie, moving on :)

WritingLyon

Registered
Reaction score

Hi there - Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue with the email on the website (and I also have Gmail) but then I hand-typed it in instead of cut-and-pasting it and it seemed to go through no problem.

brasiliareview

author of Sweet Bread
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brasiliareview.org
Hi there - Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue with the email on the website (and I also have Gmail) but then I hand-typed it in instead of cut-and-pasting it and it seemed to go through no problem.

Thanks for following up! I tried the submissions email and it's working again. Good luck to both of us.

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from Barabara Braun already - her response was "not for us, thanks" - and that was it. At first I felt it was rude, but then, what does it matter? A rejection is a rejection. Just move on!

mrgilbert2010

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a quick message to share my pleasant experience with Barbara Braun, even though she chose not to represent me.

She responded to my query (from the slush pile) 3 weeks after I wrote to her. She invited me to send her the first 50 pages of my novel. A week later, she asked for the full.

Six weeks after that, she wrote to tell me that she couldn't offer representation. She liked the novel, she said, but the market is so tough that she has to be 100% sure of a novel before she signs a new client. She gave me extensive comments about the parts of my novel that worked for her and those that didn't.

I was disappointed by her decision but impressed by her kindness. She couldn't have been nicer or more professional.

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
If you're that concerned, only search for agents that are members of AAR (of which Braun is one).

I was not aware of that. I've sent about a dozen manuscript submissions and I'm sure some of the agents who have received my work are not members of AAR. Should this be a cause of concern for me?
In any case, it's a good thing to know. I'm just wondering if others here also concur with only sending submissions to agents that are members of AAR?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I was not aware of that. I've sent about a dozen manuscript submissions and I'm sure some of the agents who have received my work are not members of AAR. Should this be a cause of concern for me?
In any case, it's a good thing to know. I'm just wondering if others here also concur with only sending submissions to agents that are members of AAR?

It's nice to have an agent who is a member of AAR, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker if they're not. Many reputable and successful agents are not members.