It ain't over yet!

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
We still have the better part of a week! And yes, I'm only at 34k words, but during my drive home for Thanksgiving and back I brought along a cassette recorder and dictated three full cassettes of my Nano book. Each 45-minute cassette side should yield 1500-2k words (I practiced dictating last week to make sure it would work), so I figure once I get those tapes transcribed I'll be up well over 40k words.

That's the great thing about Nano--it forces you to try new things. Last year I tried outlining for the first time and it worked great for me, and this year I learned dictation works for me and I actually enjoy it. :)

MarkButler

Part Time Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markbsplace.net
You are right, it ain't over till the stroke of midnight! I have head lots of stories of 10k pushes in the last 24 hours.. I would imagine the writing gets...interesting...after 18 hours or so. But thats when the inner muse comes out and you invent things you never would have dreamed of before!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Arrrgh!

The counter says 3 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes and 2 seconds left...

Gotta write. Gotta write. Gotta write.

I'm going to finish, folks. I am going to finish!

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
You can do it! So can I--I just transcribed the last tape and I'm up to 46k! The end is near!

MarkButler

Part Time Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markbsplace.net
Come on guys!
Anyone anywhere in the 40's can finish today. You have until midnight

You can sleep tomorrow, wear the wrist brace tomorrow, start filling in the "write something good here" sections tomorrow, delete all the cr*p you are writing today- tomorrow.. you can do it today! Stop thinking about the plot, stop thinking about writing in sequence, stop thinking about research, stop thinking about anything but 60 words per minute.... write the ending, write a long love scene, throw in an evil ninja attack, dowhatever it takes - you can do it! Lots of people do a wild push and slide in at 11:59pm with 5-10k written in the last 24 hours... do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it!

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
Just keep writing...just keep writing! I'm here to tell you I came out from way behind and finished early. (I was under 30k on Monday) You still have time to do it!

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Well, since Mark Butler told me to do it, I guess I'd better go get it done.

Let's see...thirteen hours, 13k words needed...

That works out to...

A LOT of chocolate!

Rabe...

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Go find a quiet cafe somewhere & buy yourself a coffee & chocolate & just zoom through it. You'll be surprised how much you can get done without distractions.