• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Labrador Publishing, Ltd.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
I just received this e-mail

Dear Reader,
Please allow me to offer You on the Labrador-Publishing publisher's behalf our new book, "Sanctuaries in Israel", which was made on high standard for those, who are interested in architecture or in the christian culture.
Our book introduces the christian churches in Israel, in such a way, that beyond introducing the cultural values, in the same time it provides an admirable guidebook, which can be Your ideal help and fellow-traveller in course of a journey in Israel.
We hope that could raise Your interest, in that case more information are available on the link below about the variegation of the book!
http://www.labrador-publishing.com/landingpages_sanctuaries/sanctuaries_ENG.html

John Stuart
art director
Labrador-Publishing Ltd.
www.labrador-publishing.com

Google turns up nothing on any such publisher. I didn't go to the site.

Stangely, I can't figure out how to view the header information in Outlook anymore. I know I've done it before, but I don't see anything on it now. Can somebody give me a pointer?

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I view the Header by right clicking on the mail and then clicking on Properties. I hope yours works the same way.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I use Outlook Express, so Outlook must be different.

Sorry I couldn't help.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In mine (Outlook 2002 on WinXP), I open the message, select View-> Options...

That opens a window containing, at the bottom, a display box showing Internet Headers.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now you're beyond my ken.

But my quick view of a sample led me to think I'd snip out the parts that indicated who the mail was received by: "received from server_blah_blah by <my_mail_server>", or any reference to your email address or mail server.

LloydBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydwrites.com
Here goes

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To:
Received: (qmail 29701 invoked from network); 20 Nov 2006 18:21:57 -0600
Received: from no-ip-30.c1.new-lan.hu (HELO dc.domain.local) (195.246.199.30)
by fortelit.com with SMTP; 20 Nov 2006 18:21:56 -0600
Received: from dc ([195.246.199.30]) by dc.domain.local with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830);
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:12:39 +0100
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:12:39 +0100
Subject: Sanctuaries in Israel
To: [email protected]
Return-Path: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 21 Nov 2006 00:12:39.0546 (UTC) FILETIME=[C179C5A0:01C70D01]
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on s66020.fortelit.com
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=2.8 required=8.0 tests=NO_DNS_FOR_FROM,NO_REAL_NAME,
RCVD_IN_NJABL,RCVD_IN_NJABL_RELAY autolearn=no version=2.63

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I said, I dunno. But I believe this

Received: from no-ip-30.c1.new-lan.hu

indicates the mail server is in Hungary. (Anyone?)

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Whois on Labrador-publishing.com tells me that they're located in Budapest, Hungary. Their main page is available in English and Hungarian. So ... they're a Hungarian publisher, all right.

How legitimate ... I dunno, but they advertise by spam.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I went to the site. It's got a choice of English or Magyar, meaning, yes, it's Hungarian. Which would explain the essentially broken English.

Frankly, it's a nice site -- nicer than many. Heavy on the Flash. Lovingly done with some decent attention to detail. They have gotten some TV exposure, but since it's in Magyar, I can't tell you what they were saying; however, since they have it on their site, I assume it was positive.

Per their accreditation letters, also posted, they are giving some of their profits to a charity hospital for the elderly, helping, per one letter from the Hungarian Federation of Jewish Congretations, "...old Jewish people in need." The other letter is from a Hungarian Catholic Archbishop, applauding their work.

Nothing on this site makes me think they're looking for submissions, btw. It seems like they are intent on selling 1 book, 1 CD, and 3 DVDs. The book's pictures on that link looked very nice.

I am in no way an expert in spotting scammers, but I am a Marketing expert, and they strike me as trying to expand their market via email. Without proper list targeting, that's really not a great way to get qualified responses. It doesn't look like they're scammers, just trying to sell something to (potentially) the wrong party. Lord knows that happens every day.

They strike me as sincere idealists. I'm all for that.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still only the one book, etc. Looks like a single-project publisher/marketer.