• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] Her Online Network / HerOnlineNetwork.com

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Someone's making money, but I doubt if it's the contributors. Stay away.

Q: What incentives are there for writing for Her Online Network?

A: Her Online Network wants all of our editors to get the exposure and credit for their work that they deserve. We are creating an editor area that will list all of our editors with bios and contact information. Top HON editors will receive a mini home page of their own that will contain a more complete biography, full contact information including Website, email, links to their other articles on the Web, and a list of all articles they have written for HON. This can be an invaluable work reference for aspiring online writers.

In addition, we have created a point system for articles submitted by our editors. Editors will receive points based on the amount of quality articles submitted each month. Based on the amount of points earned monthly, the editor with the most points will receive a monetary bonus. Bonuses range between $100.00 - $200.00. Every editor needs to have written for at least 2 months in order to be eligible for monthly bonuses.

sophisticatedwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
just-sophisticated.blogspot.com
Yes, I already know about all that *sigh*. The editor has replied to me after I'd sent her my ideas, sent me the contract to read, then I read the contract, agreed to it, thought it'd be some nice exposure (yeah, right!) and sent her two articles. The thing is I've already sent two articles to the editor and haven't heard from her since! This is so UNprofessional especially as I keep emailing her asking when my articles will be published online. There's something fishy going on.

I'm thinking of submitting these two articles of mine to ezinearticles.com. At least, that's better, it's a nice proof these are MY articles and I would get some free exposure. What do you think? :Shrug:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Blah blah points [hand waving] some vague connection to money but nothing specific. I've seen a few sites doing that lately with writers hanging around earning these 'points' in the hope it will mean something later. If points have any reliable connection to money they can be called some amount of dollars or cents.

Atomic Bear

the Bruin of Tomorrow™
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atomicbearpress.com
Sassenach said:
"Exposure" is what cheapskates claim in lieu of paying writers.

And don't forget "you'll get lots of experience and have fun too." I have gotten tons of people with that kind of attitude. I usually say "no" with the exception of some non-profits.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Atomic Bear said:
And don't forget "you'll get lots of experience and have fun too." I

Yeah, nothing says fun like writing an article for free. Anyone want to have a lot of fun? I need a book written.

sophisticatedwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
just-sophisticated.blogspot.com
Yeah it's all just blah blah blah. Can you believe I haven't heard from the editor YET? Hello, where has she disappeared? What should I do? Blow up her inbox for some attention? *thinking*

Should I email and tell her I no longer want her to publish my articles on the website?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps under new owner, went down in '09 and returned a shadow of its former self. Down again early '14.

ETA: Returned Feb '16 under another new owner.

Last edited: