Poetry markets: paying

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Below is a 11/06 list of Christian markets, though I’m not sure if all markets in the second link accept poetry. You might check the info from the first link against the info given in this second one, though.[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.utmostchristianwriters.com/markets/wrpubs.php

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I have been remiss.

Cordite Poetry Review. Pays $60 per poem. (Australian journal. Australian monies.) Currently submissions are closed, but they should be open soon. It suggests you sign up for their subscriber list to stay informed of upcoming themes.

http://www.cordite.org.au/submit.html

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
AGNI. Welcomes submissions between Sept 1st and May 31st. SNAIL MAIL ONLY.

Pays $10 per printed (or printed-out) page for all accepted work ($20 minimum for the print magazine; $150 maximum for both), along with a year's subscription, and, for the print magazine, two contributor's copies and four gift copies of the issue.

Read the full guidelines, prior to submitting:
http://www.bu.edu/agni/about/guidelines/index.html

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
BIBLE ADVOCATE. Christian Publication. ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WELCOME. For poetry, they pay $20. (They do accept other writings, with pays defined on their submissions page.)

Please read full guidelines at the site:

http://www.cog7.org/BA/ (Click on WRITER'S GUIDELINES in the lefthand menu)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I just like to see people get themselves published, Smarty McFarty. Now go submit to one of these puppies.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm waiting until January, so I can front-load my "I took the pledge" sig-line for the year.

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Poesia magazine, published by Indian Bay Press in Fayetteville, Arkansas, is a small literary quarterly. They pay $10 per poem upon publication, one time rights. While they attempt to provide a publishing outlet for local poets, they are not restricted, and have published national poets and even foreign poets in their native languages. They issue a monthly newsletter, Poesia News that promots the magazine and has other poetry news items. Their website is http://www.indianbaypress.com/index.php?pages/welcome.

I have had two poems published in previous issues, and will have one in the January 2007 issue. They respond quickly to submissions, although they are working three or four issues in the future.

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
Star*Line, journal of the Science Fiction Poetry Association, publishes poetry with elements of science fiction, fantasy or horror:
http://www.sfpoetry.com/
We pay on publication for First North American Serial Rights. We also buy First Electronic Rights for Editor's Choice poems selected to appear on SFPA's official website. Subsidiary rights revert to the author on publication.

Poetry: Poems 10 lines or less, $3; poems 11 to 50 lines, $5; poems over 50 lines, ten cents per line rounded to the next dollar (e.g., a 51-line poem would pay $6, a 91-line poem, $10).
Email submissions are accepted.
The next open reading period is January-March 2007.

* Upcoming Themes- July/August: Open Issue
* September/October: Death, Destruction, Exploitation
* November/December: Reversals, Synthesis, Transformation

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Folks...I found this!

WERGLE FLOMP HUMOR POETRY CONTEST
351 Pleasant St.
PMB 222
Northampton MA 01060-3961

Phone: (866)946-9748
Fax: (413)280-0539
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.winningwriters.com

This annual contest seeks the best parody poem that has been sent to a vanity poetry contest as a joke. Vanity contests are characterized by low standards. Their main purpose is to entice poets to buy expensive products like anthologies, chapbooks, CDs, plaques, and silver bowls. Vanity contests will often praise remarkably bad poems in their effort to sell as much stuff to as many people as possible. The Wergle Flomp Prize will be awarded for the best bad poem. One poem of any length should be submitted, along with the name of the vanity contest that was spoofed. The poem should be in English. Inspired gibberish is also accepted. See website for guidelines, examples, and to submit your poem."

Prize: 1st Place: $1,190; 2nd Place: $169; 3rd Place: $60. Honorable Mentions get $38 each. All prize winners receive publication at WinningWriters.com. Non-US winners will be paid in US currency (or PayPal) if a check is inconvenient.

Year Established: 2002
Deadline: August 15-April 1
Eligibility: Open to any writer
Entry Fee: None

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ,
Thank you dear friends and hope I earn some money
padma

staceypants86

Registered
Reaction score
Australian market...

I saw one Australian entry (Cordite Poetry Review) but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other Australian markets, or those who do accept Australian submissions?

Some I know of:

Wet Ink - $50 AUD per poem

Voiceworks (for writers up to 25 years of age) - $60 AUD per poem

Going Down Swinging - between $50-$100 AUD per poem

All of these places also take other types of writing, so check that out too.

lelle

Registered
Reaction score
I am new on here, and currently writing a novel, half way through it. During writing the novel, I have been inspired to write poetry, never thought I could before, but I am doing ok ish, I think.

anyway is there a market for poetry and any tips on where to start to look.

thanks. speak soon