• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ambassador Agency

erika

Registered
Reaction score
I did a search on them here and found nothing. Anyone heard of the Ambassador Agency? Are they legit? They requested a partial, and I'll go along with that in good faith. But I'm still suspicious (as always).

Thanks!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Erika, The only thing I could find was that they call themselves "a Christian based Talent Agency." They seem to have a lot of clients, maybe check on them, kimmi

erika

Registered
Reaction score
I looked at them a little more closely and they handle literary representation as well as speakers. I'm stunned that they requested anything from me seeing as how they are very Christian and my novel is satirical. I'll be even more shocked if they request more. Nonetheless, I will look at this as a positive sign that my new query letter is decent. Thanks AW for the help!

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
They are now called "Ambassador Literary Agency". From their website:
"Ambassador's Literary department represents a growing list of best-selling authors. We represent select authors and writers who are published by the leading religious and general market publishers in the United States and Europe, and represent television and major motion picture rights for our clients. Authors should e-mail a short description of their manuscript with a request to submit their work for review. Guidelines for submission will be sent if we agree to review a manuscript."

So it appears they only want already established authors so they can be the author's PR firm and engage the speaking deals? I'm confused why they are listed in 2011 Guide to Literary Agents...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, no, they're still Ambassador Agency, Inc. Are you referring to the "Speakers Bureau & Literary Agency" in their masthead? That's not new, either. Regardless, they represent authors to media, not to publishers.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Dropped "Literary Agency" from masthead in '14. Regardless, I shoulda moved this to PR the last round.