AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Ambassador Agency

practical experience, FTW erika's Avatar

Ambassador Agency

I did a search on them here and found nothing. Anyone heard of the Ambassador Agency? Are they legit? They requested a partial, and I'll go along with that in good faith. But I'm still suspicious (as always).

Thanks!
    Erika
    "I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a good bottle of port would do that." C.S. Lewis

haz own threads Little Red Barn's Avatar
    Erika, The only thing I could find was that they call themselves "a Christian based Talent Agency." They seem to have a lot of clients, maybe check on them, kimmi

Grumpy writer and editor Absolute Sage Gillhoughly's Avatar
    Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha.
    Looks like they deal with performance art, not books.

If you've a Christian stage act, you're in luck!

practical experience, FTW erika's Avatar
    I looked at them a little more closely and they handle literary representation as well as speakers. I'm stunned that they requested anything from me seeing as how they are very Christian and my novel is satirical. I'll be even more shocked if they request more. Nonetheless, I will look at this as a positive sign that my new query letter is decent. Thanks AW for the help!
    Erika
    "I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a good bottle of port would do that." C.S. Lewis

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.ambassadoragency.com/aboutus.cfm

Just don't let them talk you into buying a PR package or something.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

They are now called "Ambassador Literary Agency". From their website:
    "Ambassador's Literary department represents a growing list of best-selling authors. We represent select authors and writers who are published by the leading religious and general market publishers in the United States and Europe, and represent television and major motion picture rights for our clients. Authors should e-mail a short description of their manuscript with a request to submit their work for review. Guidelines for submission will be sent if we agree to review a manuscript."

So it appears they only want already established authors so they can be the author's PR firm and engage the speaking deals? I'm confused why they are listed in 2011 Guide to Literary Agents...

Mmm, no, they're still Ambassador Agency, Inc. Are you referring to the "Speakers Bureau & Literary Agency" in their masthead? That's not new, either. Regardless, they represent authors to media, not to publishers.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 10-14-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Dropped "Literary Agency" from masthead in '14. Regardless, I shoulda moved this to PR the last round.
    ICAO
    ---------