• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Book Cents Literary Agency

Skodobah

I don't dream for nothing!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julieduck.com
Whoa congrats Sko!

Thank you! I am very amazed with Christine... and just how everything turned out. I received five rejections of fulls/partials, and tons of query rejections. I kept waiting for Book Cents to send me the big NO. Waiting. Waiting. Thought about giving up on the book and moving on with SWELL, but wanted to nudge first. Before I had a chance I was invited to join the fold.

- Julie

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Funny! Later that evening I got the Call - from Christine. She's had some awesome sales this year - several multi-book deals. Very strong go-getter and I'm stoked to have her as my agent!

- Julie

Congrats!!! Christine is definitely an agent on the rise with all her great sales this year.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sko! I just saw today where she sold a three-book deal in my odd food -fiction genre. I will definitely query her come January.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
I recently met with Christine at a conference and I'll just come out and say that she is SO NICE. She was really helpful and encouraging and gave me some great marketing and platform tips for authors. Seems like she would be an absolute delight to work with.

letteyv

Registered
Reaction score
Christine Witthohn (moved from Newbie forum)

Does anyone know about writing agent Christine Witthohn with Writing Cents Literary Agency? Where was she before she started her own agency?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know about writing agent Christine Witthohn with Writing Cents Literary Agency? Where was she before she started her own agency?
Moving this over to the Bewares and Background Check forum. Don't forget to come back over to the Newbie forum to introduce yourself. :)

grumbles13

Registered
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has heard anything from Christine lately? I subbed a requested full in Dec, emailed nudge at 8 week mark (per website) and got a short response about being busy. no problem. But I nudged again last week, and haven't heard anything.

Anyone?

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
It's quite nice, her email bounce back:

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you are sending a query... I sincerely apologize, but I am temporarily closed to queries (until a date to be determined.)

I am woefully behind on submissions due to my travel schedule and need time to catch up. I try my best to be fair and give each and every submission my undivided time and attention. Please be patient while I work through my backlog.

I will, however, be reading submissions I have already received, as well as material from conferences and workshops.

If your e-mail is in regard to a status update, I will respond to you after I read your submission (which hopefully will be soon!)

Thank you for your patience and happy writing!

Christine Witthohn
Book Cents Literary Agency

Sounds like she's just behind, grumbles. Good luck!!

Last edited:

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Twizzle, thanks for posting that. She requested my full early December, said she'd get back to me end of year, and didn't. I status Q'd her early March and got no response. I'll keep waiting.

Crzywritergrl

The Devil is a selfish twit
Registered
Reaction score
Question about Christine.

She is fast on replying to e-queries. She requested a Full MS of mine. The problem... I had just finished revisions in my final draft and gave it to her forgetting to check that I had all the chapters numbered correctly. So in other words I have a few unnumbered chapters. I am still smacking myself upside the head for the gaffe. I'm afraid to re-e-mail and call her attention to it.

Anyone know if she is a forgiving agent who understands that some authors have just plain dumb luck?

Thanks

Crzy

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Question about Christine.

She is fast on replying to e-queries. She requested a Full MS of mine. The problem... I had just finished revisions in my final draft and gave it to her forgetting to check that I had all the chapters numbered correctly. So in other words I have a few unnumbered chapters. I am still smacking myself upside the head for the gaffe. I'm afraid to re-e-mail and call her attention to it.

Anyone know if she is a forgiving agent who understands that some authors have just plain dumb luck?

Thanks

Crzy

I would email her and tell her what happened. She's really understanding and eager to help writers.

Crzywritergrl

Registered
Reaction score
Epiphany,

I really hope you are right. I just e-mailed Christine a very humble apology and the correct MS. I am crossing my fingers she has not written me off entirely. I feel like suck a DORK!!! I've been beating myself up ALL DAY!!!

I think I am going to crack open some Ben and Jerrys. Triple Chocolate chip sounds perfect for the situation.

Crzy

Epiphany

Registered
Reaction score
Epiphany,

I really hope you are right. I just e-mailed Christine a very humble apology and the correct MS. I am crossing my fingers she has not written me off entirely. I feel like suck a DORK!!! I've been beating myself up ALL DAY!!!

I think I am going to crack open some Ben and Jerrys. Triple Chocolate chip sounds perfect for the situation.

Crzy

I would be shocked if she did.

letteyv

Registered
Reaction score
When I met Christine I thought she was one of the nicest, easygoing, personable agents I've ever met. I know that she would not count a simple mistake like that against you. Like all agents, she is busy and may take some time to reply.

Crzywritergrl

Registered
Reaction score
Update: Christine was really cool about it. She accepted the corrected MS and didn't rub my nose in it. I can't express how grateful I was!

I still feel dumb though. It pays to check the MS before sending. (insert eye-roll here)

Crzywritergrl

Registered
Reaction score
Have any of Christine's sales been with major publishing houses or only small ones? I have a full out with her. She seems like a good agent, but I don't know much about her.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Have any of Christine's sales been with major publishing houses or only small ones? I have a full out with her. She seems like a good agent, but I don't know much about her.

As reported on PM, she's had several sales to Berkley (Prime Crime) and Harlequin (Kimani). Others include: Kensington and Sourcebooks.

English Girl

Registered
Reaction score
The Book Cents site is down. Does anyone know anything about why? I'm a little worried because she has stopped taking queries. Now, no site. She has my full ms, and I haven't heard anything. I guess I'm ansty.

Crzywritergrl

Registered
Reaction score
um... that doesn't sound too good. She has a full MS of mine too. ANyone know what is going on?

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I wouldn't panic just yet. I do websites. If they are in there uploading, changing pages, adding/removing things you won't be able to get in. Didn't you ever get one of those things from you bank? "The website will be unavailable from x time to x time on blah blah day."

Check back in a little bit. Hopefully they are just updating it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per the cache taken 4/24:

Book Cents will soon have a new look!
Please be patient while we update and improve our website.
So chances are they're just in transition.

Crzywritergrl

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh of relief* Not so bad. No stressing then! Thanks guys