Absolute Write Blogchain No. 8

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com
The signup for the eighth chain is now starting! Just post your name and the link to your blog. I will establish a list of participants as we go along. We had 15 participants in No. 7, which seemed to be a good number.

The last post of Blogchain No. 7 was techblogbiz

General guidelines of chains gone by:

- First person in the chain finds the last post of the last post and takes an element from that to base her blog post on so that the previous chain and this chain are connected. You'd also provide the permalink to that post in your post, and you would provide the link in your post to the next post to come after you.

- Second and subsequent participants in the chain will take an element from the entry before theirs and encorporate it into their post. So for me to post an entry, I need to read yours and find something about your post. Maybe you wrote about cooking with avocadoes. I could mention guacomole and Mexican food. The next person could talk about spicy food. The next person about spicy cologne. The next about body odor. The next about smelly apartments they've lived in, and so on.

- The last person in the chain takes an element from the post before theirs and from the first post to tie the chain together.

- Put the AW Chain technorati tag into the body of your post. That code is...
<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/awchain" rel="tag">awchain</a>
and you'll need to do it in html view.

- When you're done your post, you provide a permalink to that particular entry in your post here in this thread. Because as you post to your blog, that particular entry will fall off the front page and we need to be able to find it easily. :D

- Every participant posts a copy of the html code listing all the participants into their blog. It can be into your sidebar or into a blog entry. Personally, I post it into a blog entry. Then at the end, when we have all the permalinks, post it again with permalinks.

- Comment on every post in the chain, with the exception of those you can't. Some people have blogs that don't allow those who don't have accounts at those blogsites to comment, ie LiveJournal

Last edited:

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com

Gillian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gillianpolack.com
Ooh, me please. Gillian at "Even in a Little Thing' http://gillpolack.livejournal.com

Thank you for organising this - I was hoping there would be an 8th round but was being very quiet because I don't have time to organise more than i am currently doing. I just hosted the Australian Speculative Fiction Blog Carnival (which linked to some interesting writing posts, actually), and on 25 November I host Medievalesque ( a history carnival). I rather suspect I have a masochsitic streak :).

Gillian

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com
Gillian said:
Ooh, me please. Gillian at "Even in a Little Thing' http://gillpolack.livejournal.com

Thank you for organising this - I was hoping there would be an 8th round but was being very quiet because I don't have time to organise more than i am currently doing. I just hosted the Australian Speculative Fiction Blog Carnival (which linked to some interesting writing posts, actually), and on 25 November I host Medievalesque ( a history carnival). I rather suspect I have a masochsitic streak :).

Gillian
It's no problem. I tried sending a pm to quid, but haven't heard from her.

Simran

I realized I put the wrong blog Asorum. It's changed in my post above. Thanks and sorry.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I am a llittle bit confused as to how this works. Is a Blogchain the same as a Blog comment Chain? What;s this about posting Technorati rank ect??? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!! I am such a newbie at this blog stuff, all I can do is the most basic things. Somebody please help!

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Don't worry there's just a code that you insert on your page and that's the technorati code. Someone will post it, I promise ;)

Someone starts the blog chain by posting something. Ranting about something. Explaining something. A normal blog post.

The next person will take an element out of that blog and blog about it. Like the person mentioned Australia as a country that hasn't signed Kyoto, as she blogs about Kyoto and then I will talk about my vacations in Australia where I saw lots of Asian pepole, then the next person will blog about Asia and so on.

The Technorati code just lets you follow them easier.

Don't worry, all very easy :D

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
i think there is a good chance the timing will work out dawno. asorum said he was going to try and get 15 participants. By the time you wait for the 15 people to sign up and then get to your turn I'm sure 10 days will have passed

sign me up too please

Centre for Emotional Well-Being http://taliamana.blogspot.com

aruna - don't panic. it is straight forward
you copy and paste the code and then write whatever interests you out of the last person's post. just pick a thread and continue. because my blog is topic focused i always try and skew my post to my areas of interest. other people do the same. actually some of the posts have very little to do with the last ones :)

also the other thing is that everyone who signs up also has to comment on the other entries in the chain. i'm reminding people about this because in the last chain quid pointed out that about 1/3 of the people didn't comment on the other posts and that isn't fair on the others ;)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I'll note right up front that if someone in the chain is:

with blogger
not gone beta yet
has pop-out commenting
does not allow comments by non-blogger or anonymous posters

I won't be able to comment. I went to blogger beta and there are glitches they still have not resolved.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
dawno that raises an interesting point. it drives me nuts when people have comments in a separate pop up window as my software blocks that and i have to manually allow the window to open to make comments. why do people do it!!!!!! *screams*

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com
aruna said:
I am a llittle bit confused as to how this works. Is a Blogchain the same as a Blog comment Chain? What;s this about posting Technorati rank ect??? I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!! I am such a newbie at this blog stuff, all I can do is the most basic things. Somebody please help!
The Technorati code is just:
Code:
<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/awchain" rel="tag">awchain</a>
It's easy enough to slip into your blog entry. We will have a list posted of everyone involved after signup is finished...

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com
Dawno said:
I'd love to do this - but I can't until after Nov 30 - any chance that timing might work out for me on this blogchain?
Let's see what happens. Signups have been slow and I could put you at the end of the list...

asorum

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infoaboutalaska.com
TaliaMana said:
...it drives me nuts when people have comments in a separate pop up window as my software blocks that and i have to manually allow the window to open to make comments...

At least in Blogger, you can select how you want the comments displayed, or if even if you want them.

I switched the Blogger Beta and it's working so far, it's been through the latest comment chain and everyone seemed be able to post...

I'm caught up on the list. We have nine people so far.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
oops! i am sorry i will have to pull out of this round.

i just found out that a legal case that i won last month is being appealed by the other side - major stress!!! so i need to cut back on a few things.

have fun everyone:)