The signup for the eighth chain is now starting! Just post your name and the link to your blog. I will establish a list of participants as we go along. We had 15 participants in No. 7, which seemed to be a good number.
The last post of Blogchain No. 7 was techblogbiz
General guidelines of chains gone by:
- First person in the chain finds the last post of the last post and takes an element from that to base her blog post on so that the previous chain and this chain are connected. You'd also provide the permalink to that post in your post, and you would provide the link in your post to the next post to come after you.
- Second and subsequent participants in the chain will take an element from the entry before theirs and encorporate it into their post. So for me to post an entry, I need to read yours and find something about your post. Maybe you wrote about cooking with avocadoes. I could mention guacomole and Mexican food. The next person could talk about spicy food. The next person about spicy cologne. The next about body odor. The next about smelly apartments they've lived in, and so on.
- The last person in the chain takes an element from the post before theirs and from the first post to tie the chain together.
- Put the AW Chain technorati tag into the body of your post. That code is...
<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/awchain" rel="tag">awchain</a>
and you'll need to do it in html view.
- When you're done your post, you provide a permalink to that particular entry in your post here in this thread. Because as you post to your blog, that particular entry will fall off the front page and we need to be able to find it easily.
- Every participant posts a copy of the html code listing all the participants into their blog. It can be into your sidebar or into a blog entry. Personally, I post it into a blog entry. Then at the end, when we have all the permalinks, post it again with permalinks.
- Comment on every post in the chain, with the exception of those you can't. Some people have blogs that don't allow those who don't have accounts at those blogsites to comment, ie LiveJournal