It's about to get Ugly for The Democrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Speaking of impeachment, my sources are telling me that the democrats are going with Alcee Hastings to be in charge of the the Intelligence Commitee.

Oh my god. Is this the best you got? I know you have some good people. What are you doing, democrats!?

It's like a nightmare. I hated the Republican corruption. They should be ashamed of themselves from Foley to Duke C to the rest of them.

And this is where the democrats are going now...

Murtha and Hastings. And I won't even mention Harry Reid.

Alcee Hastings, one of the most currupt people in American history in charge of the INTELLIGENCE COMMITEE.

http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20061113-094609-6419r.htm

Arguably possessing the most corrupt ($150,000 in 1981 is worth $335,000 in today's purchasing power) and disreputable background of any member of Congress today, Mr. Hastings was convicted in 1989 by the Democratic-controlled Senate for conspiracy to accept a bribe and for making numerous false statements at his 1983 criminal trial. The Senate convictions booted him from the federal bench. It is bad enough that the good folks of Florida have chosen to send an impeached judge to Congress. It is beyond the pale that Speaker-to-be Pelosi is now considering naming such a politician to be the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. "Culture of corruption." Democrats ought to face the mirror.

:gone:

"Billy going to supermarket and Target and Mountain Man shop to buy supplies."

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
It's not a surprise that every person they're going to nominate is a crook. What also is not a surprise is the fact that the press will suddenly go flaccid and not mad-dog congress in search of scandal up until the next Republican majority.

Reaction score
dclary said:
It's not a surprise that every person they're going to nominate is a crook. What also is not a surprise is the fact that the press will suddenly go flaccid and not mad-dog congress in search of scandal up until the next Republican majority.

Yep.

No one seems to care who the 6-8 seriously corrupt Senators are...

:Shrug:

"Oh...it's nothing...let's just wait and see..."

The reverse...

WASHINGTON POST: Republican Senators Uneasy About Who Will Be Named by Jack Abramoff.

"In what could be the largest scandal in Senate history, disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff has been quoted as saying he's going to drop the bomb on SIX to EIGHT, yes almost 20% of the Republican Senate Caucus!!!!"

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Jeez. It's been one week and they already might lose the Senate power they just gained if the Feds actually have something on SIX to EIGHT demcoratic Senators.

C'mon man. We don't even have names yet. Or investigations. That's the standard I threw out there in that other thread. Names of people actually being investigated. Admit it Thrillsy -- you're jumping a little too hard and too gleefully on this just now here.

As for Murtha, Heney Stoner or Stony Hener (what the F*** is his name?) is worse -- he's described as "having his own K Street project." And I don't like Hastings either.

But I will reserve judgment until I see their performance in the majority. The Hastings move seems particularly dumb. Murtha's better than Clay Stoner. And the Senators? I need names first, and actual investigations, not just "six to eight." Why six to eight? Why not six? or seven? or eight? It's not as if he's saying "between 1300 and 1320 people were killed in..." He can't narrow it down?

No one seems to care who the 6-8 seriously corrupt Senators are...

Good grief billy. This story came out today. From one media outlet, with very sketchy details. And already you're pronouncing A) the death of the Democratic majority and B) the failure of the media and the general public to rise in condemnation, with torches and rakes, in a march on the Capitol!!! LET'S GO GET 'EM!!!

Stories take time to develop. ABC has just reported this. More should and will come. Let's see what comes out. And if they are indeed corrupt and are under investigation, then we'll respond differently, I am sure.

Ok?

Last edited:
Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
C'mon man. We don't even have names yet. Or investigations. That's the standard I threw out there in that other thread. Names of people actually being investigated. Admit it Thrillsy -- you're jumping a little too hard and too gleefully on this just now here.

As for Murtha, Heney Stoner or Stony Hener (what the F*** is his name?) is worse -- he's described as "having his own K Street project." And I don't like Hastings either.

But I will reserve judgment until I see their performance in the majority. The Hastings move seems particularly dumb. Murtha's better than Clay Stoner. And the Senators? I need names first, and actual investigations, not just "six to eight." Why six to eight? Why not six? or seven? or eight? It's not as if he's saying "between 1300 and 1320 people were killed in..." He can't narrow it down?

A. You're wrong. I'm disgusted that these are the people that Nanci "Drain The Swamp" Pelosi is backing. And I'm disgusted that there maybe even more corruption scandals in the near future. I'm sick of it. I know Pelosi has nothing to do with the "6-8" but I don't know what she's thinking.

Yeah, even that Hener guy is awful.

B. Please Gaffer, join with me and say to the democrats put some fresh, unblemished people in there. You must have them, right?

C. Thank you.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
Stories take time to develop. ABC has just reported this. More should and will come. Let's see what comes out. And if they are indeed corrupt and are under investigation, then we'll respond differently, I am sure.

Ok?

Fair enough.

Thank you for your "I hold everyone to the same standards for the almost most part but I am human and a democrat so cut me a little slack here and there" attitude.

That's why I respect you and we're going to have a great working relationship when we get to Washington.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather not have corrupt people at all. Agreed. It may be a pipe dream. For now I'd settle for run-of-the-mill corruption rather than flaming ridiculous corruption. Again, though, I reserve judgment on a story where nobody is named, no investigations are announced, and no details are available.

But Stony Hedger sucks, so I'd rather go with Murtha right now.

And as for the last post, agreed. So as a GOPer, perhaps you can reserve your judgment (and a bit of your glee) for about 20 minutes or so...after all, I know you want best this country to succeed and not fail, particularly the leadership. We're going to have a great friendship working in Washington.

I'll still be playing for the Redskins, but whatev. We'll work it out.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well obviously the smart thing to do would be to start writing our representatives and tell them what we want.

As a matter of fact, I got an email today asking me what I thought.
It went something like this:

SEND YOUR DO'S AND DON'TS TO CONGRESS
SEND YOUR THOUGHTS TO KARL ROVE AND SAY GOODBYE TO RUMSFELD
COMING UP IN THE LAME-DUCK CONGRESSIONAL SESSION THIS WEEK​
LIST OF DO'S AND DON'TS FOR THE NEW CONGRESS
Many members of Congress, pundits and Karl Rove are interpreting your vote results last week to mean many things. Let Congress know what you intended by telling them what is on the list of Do's and Don'ts for them. Select your items, send a quick message on each one and we will tally the responses to let you know the results.

DO: Develop a New Strategy That Gets the US Out of Iraq Quickly
DON'T: Endanger the Iraq mission With Hasty Troop Withdrawals
DO: Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Not Just Fences
DON'T: Pass Any Immigration Bills but Secure Borders Measures
DO: Increase Funding on Programs for Middle Class and Poor
DON'T: Go on a Spending Spree That Adds to the Deficit
DO: Repeal the Tax Cuts That Favored the Rich
DON'T: Eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts or Raise Taxes

Now I wouldn't tell Karl Rove a dam* thing. Not even the name of my 6th grade goldfish but somebody's asking for my opinions and their going to get them.

How 'bout you?

The blue was all hot links but I took 'em out. You guys can do your own writing. neener neener neener :e2tongue:

http://tinyurl.com/sryb5

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
And as for the last post, agreed. So as a GOPer, perhaps you can reserve your judgment (and a bit of your glee) for about 20 minutes or so...after all, I know you want best this country to succeed and not fail, particularly the leadership.

Of course.

I'm just sad that and curious as to how this story didn't come out let's say a few weeks ago during the election season when America could have maybe made a change in direction away from corruption.

Weird how this story just came out now.

BUT...maybe its been a really busy week for Abramoff and the Feds. Maybe this weekend he was waterboarded and he finally broke.

:Shrug:

I'm just a man asking the tough questions, Gaff.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Weird how this story just came out now.

It's not weird. It's more GOP sh** stirring. Divisiveness is their forte`. It worked twice but the third time might just get them burned.

And I, for one, hope it does. Dividing the American people through politics should be a criminal act.

Reaction score
Unique said:
It's not weird. It's more GOP sh** stirring. Divisiveness is their forte`. It worked twice but the third time might just get them burned.

Excellent analysis, because if the GOP was in charge of when this story came out, the Tuesday after election day was the optimum time.

And that Brian Ross.

What a GOP hack.

You realize that election day was last Tuesday, Unique? Not next Tuesday.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
You realize that election day was last Tuesday, Unique? Not next Tuesday.

It never stops. That's my point.
The Dems said, 'We're going to work together.' And I damn well expect them to do it. What's the other side doing? Grudge match.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe that's what needs to change. (maybe, heh)

And they talk about welfare queens. look who's suckin' on the -

Reaction score
Unique said:
It never stops. That's my point.
The Dems said, 'We're going to work together.' And I damn well expect them to do it. What's the other side doing? Grudge match.

But you say that as if it's fact....

The truth is that Jack Abramoff is heading to jail tomorrow, DECIDED BY A JUDGE, not Karl Rove, and the story is out there that he also fingered 6-8 Democratic Senators as being "seriously corrupt" being reported by ABC's Brian Ross is not part of a grudge match.

"It's what is."
Zen Thrillyism
2:17

I hope the democrats really do want to work together. They can start by avoiding petty things like Rangel trying to kick Cheney out of his office.

The democrats are off to a bad start with a poor leader in Pelosi. I hope they right the ship soon or it's going to be a bickering miserable grid locked two years.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't like the system then get off the internet and do something about it. No sense in complaining about the system behind an enclosed life.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Unique said:
not to the same extent, william.

sure they do. the left benefits from (indeed survives by) keeping people divided by race, by class and by metaphysical inclination. to the very same extent.

p.s. i've missed you.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
You know what? This whole damned country is corrupt. Tomorrow, when you're at work (or shopping, whatever), ask as many people as you can who they would choose as their representative in Washington:

1) A corrupt politician who took bribes and brought a lot of federal dollars into your state, or:

2) An honest politician who voted his/her conscience and did not try to bring any federal dollars into your state.

I've got two words for this problem: term limits. And they will pass that legislation the day after hell freezes over.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
are we talking whack jobs or regular?

SC - how 'bout a lottery? Big Quiz before hand. That way even you and I could have a shot at lifetime benefits and a fat salary.

(I didn't include William because he already won the vote here)

Reaction score
SC Harrison said:
I've got two words for this problem: term limits. And they will pass that legislation the day after hell freezes over.

Yep.

I agree.

One term, GOODBYE.

That's it. That's the only way.

ETA: ALthough I love my lie detector idea. COngressional Internal Affairs division runs them like urine tests for ballplayersl. 'Nuff Said.

Status
Not open for further replies.