• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Scott Miller handles fantasy
But I never managed to get a response from him.

PenTeller

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Alyssa Henkin yesterday. Here's hoping something will come of it.

Also, for anyone wanting to contact/query Elisabeth Weed, it looks like she's started her own agency. I sent her a query last Monday and got an auto-response that said she can now be reached at a different e-mail address (weedagency). I wonder when she's going to get the info on it out?

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Scott Miller handles fantasy
But I never managed to get a response from him.

Is he one of the people who says they won't respond unless interested, or should I status query? Because I've never gotten a response either. But if it says he only responds with interest, then I'll assume reject and move on.

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
I did get a "no thanks" email from Scott Miller....polite, quick turnaround.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I did get a "no thanks" email from Scott Miller....polite, quick turnaround.

Oh, okay. Thanks for sharing. Now I'll see if I get a reponse in the next couple of days. If I don't I might status q.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Alex Glass

Anyone know if Alex Glass still accepts unsolicited queries? His profile on agentquery says he does not, but the Trident website leads me to believe that he does.

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
I'm so excited. I queried Ms Whalen earlier today and just got a response asking for a full. I was floored and had to come back and check here because of the form that they ask to be filled out. That is a first for me. Now off to the post office after work to mail the form out and send the MS to them.

<fingers crossed>

Carrie R.

Procrastinating, clearly
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Robyn!

I just got a rejection from Scott Miller. I queried him on August 17, got an email from his assitant asking for the first 100 pages (and to sign and mail the release) on August 29. I sent everything that day. I emailed him back on September 11 to let him know that I'd been offered representation from another agent and he asked for a week to read it. Today he said that since I already had another agent interested that I should go with that guy. Very nice rejection, said he bet it would get published.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for responses!

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
Thanks everyone.. i'm curious to anyone who has been asked to submit a MS... did they call you as well to see if you had any questions??? I had a voice mail from them leaving their phone number to call if i had any questions and that they were looking forward to reading my manuscript. This is a first for me so just curious. (I did call back to advise it will all be sent tonight LOL)

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.. i'm curious to anyone who has been asked to submit a MS... did they call you as well to see if you had any questions???

Holy crap, that's gotta be a good sign! I haven't heard of anyone receiving a call at the query/request for a full stage from Ms. Whalen (and I googled the heck out of her).

On the other hand, the assistant who requested my previous manuscript on her behalf was unbelievably enthusiastic about the story, both based on the query and after reading the full. So my experience taught me not to get excited unless the *agent* is calling or emailing you about the project. I hope your mileage is better than mine was!

Captain_Campion

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting to read everyone's take on Trident (I haven't been on this site for a while).

Ironically, Mr. Silbersack requested a full from me in mid-August. While I'm still waiting, they've responded to my inquiries with a degree of politeness and professionalism that I have not seen much of in the agent/publisher world. So far my interaction with them lives up to their reputation as a first-class agency.

Of course, if they reject my manuscript they'll be horribly short-sighted and obviously unable to comprehend true brilliance! (lol).

WordGypsy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leahclifford.com
Got a request for the full on 10/25 from KW's assistant Stephanie Sun. Signed that form and mailed it as fast as I could! TOP notch agency by the looks of everything. Fingers crossed for everyone!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Got a request for the full on 10/25 from KW's assistant Stephanie Sun. Signed that form and mailed it as fast as I could! TOP notch agency by the looks of everything. Fingers crossed for everyone!

wow, I'm in such esteemed company! Congratulations!

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
Just wondering if anyone has heard back on any requests. I got a very interesting phone call yesterday and I'm just unsure what to make of it at this piont.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard back on any requests. I got a very interesting phone call yesterday and I'm just unsure what to make of it at this piont.

No word yet, but you've made me insanely curious. Fingers triple crossed for you!

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
Well no worries uncross them. But they did confuse the heck out of me. I get a call last night from her assistant. She proceeds to ask me if i've found representation for my MS and then says that she will make sure Kim gets back to me quickly. This morning i get a R in my email. I confused as why in the world call me and ask me these things and then send a fast R the next day?

maybe i just don't get it...

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Well no worries uncross them. But they did confuse the heck out of me. I get a call last night from her assistant. She proceeds to ask me if i've found representation for my MS and then says that she will make sure Kim gets back to me quickly. This morning i get a R in my email. I confused as why in the world call me and ask me these things and then send a fast R the next day?

maybe i just don't get it...

Ah, crap. I'm really sorry to hear that. I got a similar email once from an agent who had requested a full. I think it's the agent checking to make sure the manuscript is still available before he/she starts to read it (so as to not waste their time). Maybe the assistant read your full and really liked it or knew Kim was very intrigued by the query (hence the call), and therefore lined everything up for her.

What a rotten turn of events, to get *two* calls and then a rejection. I'd almost rather not have the calls at all, if it were me. Here I was going for a walk about an hour ago thinking positive thoughts about you getting an agent....

let me just say I really appreciate your sharing your experiences. Helps make dealing with my wait more manageable. I'm sure we'll be commiserating together shortly.