• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats dave!

Carleree- Sorry to hear about the R. You can query another agent from what I've seen on their website (it doesn't say otherwise) and this board. I think you'd have to use their form again, but specify which agent. Good luck.

Thomax Green

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad this thread is here. I recently had my manuscript requested at Trident. It's been three weeks and I was thinking that was kind of long until I read some of the posts here. I guess patience is a virtue.

Thomax Green

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to the boards but I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that there is hope! I am previously unpublished and only 21 and I recently managed to land an agent at Trident! I queried Robert Gottlieb and was referred to my agent Adrienne Lombardo through him. She is just starting to take on clients (maybe that's why I had a chance!) and I'm happy to be a part of the Trident Family. We all know the story of rejection (I abandoned a previous project and dealt with 80 plus rejections on this one) but I just want to say that landing a spot with a big agency is possible - as the cliche says, never give up!

Adrienne Lombardo is reviewing my book right now and it's been three weeks. How long did it take for you to hear back from her?

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Adrienne got back to me today about my full (15 days since full request). She wanted to talk on the phone, I answered I was free right now, and ta da, phone call. It's not an offer, but we talked about revisions she'd like to see. She was very nice and helpful.

So, R&R number 2 is officially underway in my head.

toomanycarbs

Registered
Reaction score
Just submitted to Robert Gottlieb (my dream agent). Will keep you all posted.

toomanycarbs

Registered
Reaction score
Adrienne got back to me today about my full (15 days since full request). She wanted to talk on the phone, I answered I was free right now, and ta da, phone call. It's not an offer, but we talked about revisions she'd like to see. She was very nice and helpful.

That is so exciting!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I queried Alyssa on 10/19 and got a request this morning. She's quick on the queries for sure, but I'm settling in for the long wait now. :) It's middle grade contemporary.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca

I finished and sent my R&R in the fall. Some weeks later, I learned Adrienne is no longer going to represent writers of her own. I understand she'll be a sub-rights agent. I emailed her, she confirmed and wished me best of luck finding an agent elsewhere.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
From my records, I have never received a response from any agent at Trident, even when I agreed to their terms. Do I have to agree to the terms if I've been published by a POD press? I imagine so. Maybe I'll try again from my other email address. This is baffling.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I queried Alex Glass back on 11/22 and have not received a response. Should I nudge him or assume it was a no and query one of the other agents?

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I queried Alyssa on 23rd of September and had no response, though I withdrew on 23rd October (due to an offer) so I'm not sure if Alyssa or an intern just marked it as not needing any reply after that point.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Some of my queries are sitting on one to two years with no response, with different agents. Nudging is pointless. I should start fresh, if I ever have the heart to start querying again.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Some of my queries are sitting on one to two years with no response, with different agents. Nudging is pointless. I should start fresh, if I ever have the heart to start querying again.

Sorry to say Chumlet, but not only is nudging after one to two years pointless, but it would be unadvisable. For many agencies (more than I wish to count), a no response means no. They usually say that on their website somewhere in the submission guidelines. Some will give you the courtesy of telling you if you haven't heard from them in X amount of time that it is a pass (and I especially appreciate the ones who send an auto response which takes a lot of the guessing game out of, Did they even receive my query?). For the ones who don't have a response time, I usually count them out after 2-3 months and move on. If I happen to hear from them beyond that point (and it has happened where I've gotten a response 5-6 months later) then it's more of an unexpected surprise (or a sort of *snort* if it's an R).

Not saying you didn't know this, but thought I'd throw that out there for anyone wondering on this.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sorry to say Chumlet, but not only is nudging after one to two years pointless, but it would be unadvisable. For many agencies (more than I wish to count), a no response means no. They usually say that on their website somewhere in the submission guidelines. Some will give you the courtesy of telling you if you haven't heard from them in X amount of time that it is a pass (and I especially appreciate the ones who send an auto response which takes a lot of the guessing game out of, Did they even receive my query?). For the ones who don't have a response time, I usually count them out after 2-3 months and move on. If I happen to hear from them beyond that point (and it has happened where I've gotten a response 5-6 months later) then it's more of an unexpected surprise (or a sort of *snort* if it's an R).

Not saying you didn't know this, but thought I'd throw that out there for anyone wondering on this.

Thanks for pointing out that I know this stuff, because I do!

The frustrating thing is when everyone else receives rejections and I get the sound of crickets. I have received requests after 6 months, and rejections in an hour. I've been told to resend because my query went poof. It's a crap shoot sometimes.

I have put that book aside and I'm halfway through my next. I just need to slap myself upside the head and carry on.

MJG_Write

WriteTeachSleep
Registered
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
So, I'm confused, can someone help me here? On their website they have an online form for submissions, but they say to email the query . . . .

Am I supposed to paste my query where it says Address on the form?

EDIT:

I think I figured it out. It's a release form.

Last edited:

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I just got a rejection on my full from Alyssa Eisner Henkin. She had requested on 10/22. She was really nice and super complimentary but ultimately felt it "skews too quiet for today's middle grade market." Which I understand. I knew I was in for quite a task querying such a quiet contemporary. She asked for future work, so there's that.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I just got a rejection on my full from Alyssa Eisner Henkin. She had requested on 10/22. She was really nice and super complimentary but ultimately felt it "skews too quiet for today's middle grade market." Which I understand. I knew I was in for quite a task querying such a quiet contemporary. She asked for future work, so there's that.

Sorry for the rejection JoyMC. At least she was super nice and would like to see future work! :)

Stephanie Witter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of still dumbstruck. Today I received an email asking for my full manuscript! It's crazy! I know it doesn't mean much at this time and all, but I never thought they'd like to read my novel. It's already a big thing for me.

I was a little unsure of this form to sign and return but I saw on this thread that it's common. I know Trident Media is a well-established agency but whenever there's something to sign I think twice before doing anything.

Now I guess I have to cross my fingers and send it. :)

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sorry for the rejection JoyMC. At least she was super nice and would like to see future work! :)

Thanks, JB. I wrote back and mentioned that my previous manuscript (which she had rejected in query form) is currently on the long list for a fiction prize, and she asked for it! So I'm back with a full out to Alyssa!

And congratulations, Stephanie! Enjoy the ride!