• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
So with the exception of Silbersack, I'm used to never hearing from any of the agents here. We'll see if I get a response from Henkin!

For the record, I've had an excellence response from Don F ehr. Replied to my first query immeidately, read proposal in two weeks, discussed changes,
promises to read revised proposal within four weeks.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Many, many congratulations, Aruna! No wonder you went dancing with the laundry.

Is John Silbersack the only agent at Trident looking at sf&f right now? My research was unclear. I know he's a huge name, very busy, and probably really picky about new clients. I wondered if I should query him, or some other agent at Trident.

Filigree

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Aruna!

Can anybody help me with this?:

I just received an email from the assistant of a lovely Trident agent - to arrange a phone call to discuss my book.
However, so far, they have only read my sample chapters, not the entire book.
Does this mean I shouldn't get too excited?
Has anybody had this experience?
Oh, and my book is YA fantasy.

Thanks in advance.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Many, many congratulations, Aruna! No wonder you went dancing with the laundry.

Is John Silbersack the only agent at Trident looking at sf&f right now? My research was unclear. I know he's a huge name, very busy, and probably really picky about new clients. I wondered if I should query him, or some other agent at Trident.

Filigree
Filigree - I was trying to figure this out as well, and his was the only name I could find.

Congrats Aruna!

JBuck - I don't know the answer to your question, but it seems like a positive sign, that's for sure. Which agent did you query?

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything back from Melissa Flashman lately? I've had a full out with her since Dec 1st-getting antsy.

I've had a full with her since early November. I nudged last week and her assistant said they were reading it and hope to get back in the coming weeks.

Nudge in a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
JBuck, I'd say this is a very positive development! <Crossing fingers for you.>

Tarak, I'd query Silbersack in an instant, because he's in my top ten of sf&f agents -- but I honestly don't know if he's taking on epic fantasy right now.

I'll have to pony up some money for PW, I think.

Filigree

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thanks to all well-wishers who have posted here. Don has now edited my proposal to the way he prefers it; he's basically just re-arranged what I wrote, but it's now so much more professional. I'm so excited about him taking this forward! I practically hand-picked him after I wasn't quite happy with the short-list of agents from Querytracker I'd queried and it's great that it has all gone so smoothly.
Good luck to everyone else who has queried this agency. Hope to get some more agent-buddies from AW soon!

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks tarak and filigree for your input - sorry I didn't reply sooner.
As it turns out, the agent who requested the phone call liked my contemporary writing but not the fantasy aspects and seeing as my novel has 2% contemporary and 98% fantasy, she ended up passing.
I was a bit down after all the excitement of getting a phone-call request, but in the end I notched it up as a good experience.
I mean, in a way, the fact that she even liked 2% of my writing cant be all bad... I guess.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Hi Aruna, not sure how on earth I managed to miss this thread. It must have trailed far back since your post oin Feb 16 and resurfaced nly when JBuck posted today.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So would this be book number 4 or 5? I'm confused now but very happy for you and excited all the same.

LizzieFriend

Registered
Reaction score
Quick question regarding querying Trident: Did you all paste a few sample pages at the bottom of your query?

They don't ask for sample pages, but they don't specifically say they don't want them either. They do specify not to send the MS with the query, or send along any attachments (standard instructions).

I've seen agents say it can't hurt to paste a few (3-5 maybe) sample pages at the bottom of every query you send, even if they aren't specifically requested. Anyone query them w/sample pages and get a good response?

Thanks.

And congrats, Aruna! That's fantastic news :)

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Aruna on getting representation! I also enjoyed reading your website.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Question-- Does anyone know if Don Fehr accept queries for Fantasy? It says he has an interest in YA but I don't know if that include fantasy or not. (I have a YA Urban Fantasy that I will be submitting in a bit) Thanks!