• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

CTaft

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Okiemom. Best of luck in your search. I know how it feels, although in my case I was the leaving party. Being in between agents sucks.

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Okiemom. Best of luck in your search. I know how it feels, although in my case I was the leaving party. Being in between agents sucks.

It does, doesn't it!?! I hope you find an agent that falls in love with your work. Best of luck to you too.

Kristoff

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone getting responses from John Silbersack? I've been patient because I know they take a long time to respond, but they're not responding to my nudges either.

Query-Apr 29
Received request for full-May 4
Sent full (with signed release)-May 4

...crickets since then. I've begun to send out queries for my next novel already.

--Dev

Sent query to J.S on March 8
Request for full from his assistant April 1
Full sent April 6
Nada since.

D.Avet

Tripping the light Romantastically
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danicaavet.wordpress.com
Okiemom - Heard back from the other agent and I'm shopping too. Not having much luck. No one seems to want to touch it since she already submitted it to several publishing houses (and that'll leave any new agent with no place to submit). Good luck!

whoknew

Registered
Reaction score
D.Avet - Heard back from the agent that Stephanie mentioned and I am in the market for another agent unfortunately. I hope you have better luck.

The agent at Trident Stephanie recommended isn't picking me up. Not even sure that person read my ms.

Started the querying process all over again. Also wondering if other agents won't be interested if they found out it's been sent several places already. If/when do I even bring that up?

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry about having to start again, that stinks, you guys.

On another note, I just received a rejection from an April query to Alyssa Eisner Henkin, so I guess she's back from maternity leave if anybody was waiting to query.

Writergal77

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone !

I received a full request from Melissa Flashman in May, and I haven't heard anything since. Should I nudge her, or just continue to wait it out?

Raadhika

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

This is my first post. :)

Congrats on the full request, Writergal77!

I received a request for a full from Melissa almost two weeks ago and sent it out right away. Reading through this thread, it seems like it could take at least 3 months for her to get to it - I hope I've got that about right. So, since you sent your full in May and it's been about 3 months for you, maybe you could send her a polite email nudge now.

Good luck and do please let us know what you hear! :)

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all. I submitted today to Kimberly Whalen, and I have a question:

I filled their form out, which didn't bother me, but how do you know if it "went"? I clicked on the button and it took me right back to the form again. No acknowledgment that it was received. Is this normal?

Thanks for any info!

Raadhika

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ruth2,

I would send your query letter to the email address at the bottom of this page, too:

http://www.tridentmediagroup.com/kimberly_whalen.html

When I submitted to Melissa, I sent it to her email address at Trident, which I got from AgentQuery, and she cc'd an assistant in her reply when she requested my full manuscript.

I hope that helps! And good luck!! :)

Last edited:

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
I filled their form out, which didn't bother me, but how do you know if it "went"? I clicked on the button and it took me right back to the form again. No acknowledgment that it was received. Is this normal?

I did the form thing a while back and wondered the same thing. Normal? I don't know, but you're not alone.

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Ruth2,

I would send your query letter to the email address at the bottom of this page, too:

http://www.tridentmediagroup.com/kimberly_whalen.html

When I submitted to Melissa, I sent it to her email address at Trident, which I got from AgentQuery, and she cc'd an assistant in her reply when she requested my full manuscript.

I hope that helps! And good luck!! :)

Thanks! That's the email address I used as well. :)

I did the form thing a while back and wondered the same thing. Normal? I don't know, but you're not alone.

Ahh, well, I supposed if they respond, then the form made it back to them. And if not, I'll never know. Thanks, August.

Mouldywarp

Shy Mole
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a snail-mail query to Kimberly Whalen at Trident last Wednesday, a Delivery Confirmation attached so I could track it.

I just discovered that apparently if mail is delivered on Saturday, it's undeliverable to the Trident office, so it's shipped back to the Post Office in New York. At least, that's what's stated on my Ship & Confirm info.

Has anyone here had the same experience? If so, was your envelope returned to you after two weeks? (That's what they said will happen if Trident doesn't make arrangements to have it picked up.)

Thanks!

auertool

Registered
Reaction score
is this a form rejection

ok, i am a newbie. i sent off 3 queries for a novel i wrote. i was not expecting much, as i wrote it more to entertain myself then to publish. i picked 3 top agents on a whim. 2 asked to see it; 1 said no. of the 2 who read it, both were rejections. the 1st had reasons why they liked it, but reasons why they did not. the second came from trident, and was more vague.

just curious if this is a standard rejection, or if the sentence about enjoying it means the agent actually liked it (aka, another agent at another agency might like it enough to take it.)

thanks

Dear,

Thank you for sending me X. I enjoyed your manuscript, but after careful consideration, I don't feel like I’m the right agent for your book. Due to the competitive marketplace, it’s important to find someone who is totally enthusiastic about your work. Therefore, I am unable to offer literary representation at this time.

With this in mind, I would recommend that you contact the Association of Author’s Representatives, which has a website at www.aar-online.org. Their address is P.O. Box 237201, Ansonia Station, New York, NY 10023. The Association of Authors’ Representatives is a professional organization that could help you to find an agent.

I wish you all success in finding representation and publication for this material.

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

auertool

Registered
Reaction score
wow. they enjoy a lot of manuscripts. ;)

thanks for weighing in.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Why don't I get one? I queried Mr. Glass (aglass@ address) on 3/1, followed up on 7/15, and have heard nothing.

My rejection was from a full request. Otherwise, I think most agents there are no response=no on queries.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Started the querying process all over again. Also wondering if other agents won't be interested if they found out it's been sent several places already. If/when do I even bring that up?

Okiemom - Heard back from the other agent and I'm shopping too. Not having much luck. No one seems to want to touch it since she already submitted it to several publishing houses (and that'll leave any new agent with no place to submit). Good luck!

This happened to me a few years ago with a Writers House agent. She left suddenly to take up a non-agenting plum job and left me orphaned. The ms had already been shopped around and no other WH agent took me up.
It's really tough. I'm so sorry.

Two questions. One, anyone have any information on Don Fehr? I'm guessing that just being at an agency like this at all means someone's worth sending to, eh?

I queried Don this morning, UK time, and got a request for my proposal early this afternoon, UK time... he said my query was "intriguing".
I'm totally a lump of jelly now. This is the first round of queries for this ms and he is my first choice, and the only one to have replied (since yesterday!). I haven't sent it yet. I have this obsessive need to tweak it some more...

Last edited:

Hoovlette

Mommy of Two (Soon-to-be three)
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Alex Glass in a while? Rejection or otherwise? I've equeried a little bit back, but haven't heard a peep....