• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Well no worries uncross them. But they did confuse the heck out of me. I get a call last night from her assistant. She proceeds to ask me if i've found representation for my MS and then says that she will make sure Kim gets back to me quickly. This morning i get a R in my email. I confused as why in the world call me and ask me these things and then send a fast R the next day?

maybe i just don't get it...

If it is good enough to get this far then someone else will love it.
You just keep pushing on

Dragonfly45

Purveyor of the Sparkly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colbymarshall.blogspot.com
I also have a full out with Kimberly Whalen. I sent an equery on Oct. 16, got a request for the full on Oct. 17 from her assistant Stephanie Sun. I sent the full via e-mail that day and am waiting on pins and needles. I am starting to get a tiny bit paranoid that because I sent the full via e-mail it was somehow lost. The response time in the market listing is 4-6 weeks, but let me preface my question by saying I realize it often takes a lot longer. But when to ask for the status?

I love the stages I go through while waiting for agent responses...excitement, nerves, paranoia, despair, excitement again...sigh!

Abbey

Registered
Reaction score
I would give it at least two months before asking for a status. It took KW at least that long to read my mss. Good luck!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
But when to ask for the status?

Two months is good, but given that this is holiday time, I'd give it three.

For me, it'll be three months around December 21st. Which means I probably won't email for a status until January, or later.

Or maybe not at all, I dunno.

>because I sent the full via e-mail it was somehow lost.

sorry, I forgot to add that when I saw Kimberly give a talk on query letters and discuss her submission policy, she said it's okay to email and request a confirmation that your materials were received, but no earlier than the one month mark. I did, and no worries.

Last edited:

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Great thread. I've just read the entire thing in one sitting.

I got a request for my full manuscript today from Kimberly Whalen's asst. (I had e-queried her last night). Looks like a top-notch agency. Even if I get a rejection, at least I'll have gotten a "bite." That's always nice...

Good luck to all who have partials or manuscripts out with Trident currently...;)

Dragonfly45

Purveyor of the Sparkly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colbymarshall.blogspot.com
Random update: I didn't ever do a status check e-mai or anything, but out of the blue today (and on a Sunday, no less), a got an e-mail from Kimberly Whalen's assistant basically apologizing for the delay and saying the manuscript was being considered and they would be in touch at the beginning of the new year...so crossing my fingers big time!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Random update: I didn't ever do a status check e-mai or anything, but out of the blue today (and on a Sunday, no less), a got an e-mail from Kimberly Whalen's assistant basically apologizing for the delay and saying the manuscript was being considered and they would be in touch at the beginning of the new year...so crossing my fingers big time!

wow, sounds like a good sign. If the assistant remembers/likes your work then there's a solid chance she'll say positive things to Kimberly about it. Good luck!

ps
obviously, i haven't heard anything about my full. oh well.

TonyD.

Registered
Reaction score
Scott Miller asked for a full two weeks ago. Any thoughts on how long it will be before a response? Thanks.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Scott Miller asked for a full two weeks ago. Any thoughts on how long it will be before a response? Thanks.

I don't know about Miller specifically, but I would think you should hear within 4-6 weeks, sooner if the assistant loves, loves, loves your work. Fingers crossed for you!

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Signing a release?

If this has already been discussed, can someone point me to a thread discussing release forms?

I emailed Kimberly Warner at Trident Media agency.. they seemed reputable according to query tracker. Well, they responded to my equery today with a seemingly-form letter (it was addressed personally, but that was the only indication I wasn't joe somebody) saying that my "book sounds very interesting" and they would love for me to send the full manuscript. However, they won't read it until I sign a release and mail it to them...

Sounds a little sketchy.

Does anyone know about this?

ETA: Thanks for the info, peoples of AW. I feel better now.

Last edited:

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
tomothecat, this is absolutely standard for this firm and not sketchy at all.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tomo you would be very lucky to have such an agent represent you. Her sales alone are excellent!

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
Okay, so it wasn't a matter of being busy and posting in the wrong thread earlier--the other one got merged here. That's relieving, because I thought I was losing it. :) That said, there's nothing "sketchy" about Trident. If one of their agents wants your full, send it! That's a FANTASTIC opportunity.

I'm waiting on a partial from Alyssa Eisner Henkin right now. Every part of my anatomy that can be crossed is right now. ;)

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes Jenny Bent to reply to a query? I sent her an e-query over a month ago, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm fine waiting, but if she is usually pretty fast, I might want to assume it got caught in the spam filter.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
TheWritingGuy, so far as I remember it, it basically says you can't sue them if they sell something later for someone else that you feel is like your work. I think they represent screenplays as well as novels, and that's a litigious area.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes Jenny Bent to reply to a query? I sent her an e-query over a month ago, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm fine waiting, but if she is usually pretty fast, I might want to assume it got caught in the spam filter.

That's odd. As I recall, she rejected me within a day or two. Alas..so many have!

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Appalachian Writer!

I'm also currently riding the rollercoaster of rejections...

Hmm, maybe I should requery her then...

I'll give it another week.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score

According to agentquery.com, she's not accepting queries right now and is on maternity leave. That's probably why it's a no-response, I'm guessing.