• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Carmy -- I'll take a stab at the few questions I know I can answer.

Only submit one project at a time, wait for your response on that one and then decide what to do with the second ms.

Yes, it is professional and appropriate to mention previous representation as well as the houses that the ms you're submitting has been shopped to.

You probably shouldn't query until your 30-days are up unless you're upfront in the query regarding said 30-days. i.e. "My thirty day opt-out ends 10/31/06."

Good luck.

J.

cuteshoes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shana-silver.com
I got the release this week and sent it to my sister to look over. She's a second year law student at Harvard. She gave me approval to sign it. She also said its pretty iron clad in terms of suing them.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Patty Collier said:
Woe is me... my full was turned down. "I am just not enthusiastic' (sad lip) but very professional and polite. I do have another agent at the same agency reading a partial... keep on hoping!!!!

sorry to hear that ((hugs)). Fingers crossed on the partial!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
BJ Bourg said:
Thanks to everyone who posted information about Trident. I queried one of the agents (from the New York office) Thursday night at 11:20 PM.

bjb

Good luck!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back. First week of November it'll be six months (which doesn't mean a whole lot; jus' countin').

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
clara bow said:
I'm still waiting to hear back. First week of November it'll be six months (which doesn't mean a whole lot; jus' countin').

Good luck to you, Clara! I'm still waiting to hear back on a partial manuscript, going on two months. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed so tightly they're tingling! :eek:

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, everyone!! I just equeried last week -- not even crossed the partial line yet.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, J. I'm going to give it a shot.

Good luck with your submission.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
New Agent at Trident Media

This just in from Publisher's Lunch:

"Alyssa Eisner Henkin will join Trident Media Group in mid-December as an agent for children's and young adult books. Formerly she was an editor at Simon & Schuster Books Children's, where she began her editorial career in 1999."

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
She does sound good. Unfortunately, I have a query out to another agent at Trident Media at this time, but as soon as that one rejects me, I will get one out to this gal STAT!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone corresponded with Ashley Seashore, Kimberly Whalen's assistant, since August? It's been almost eight months now since my manuscript was requested, and I'm paranoid Ashley doesn't even work there anymore after I saw an ad about a month ago for a literary assistant opening at Trident.

Just checking.

Thanks!

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
This will proably fall under the "stupid questions" heading and get a "why don't you want to do it the way they ASK?" retort from Uncle Jim, but I gotta ask anyway...

Is everyone who is querying this agency actually filling out that incredibly long and intense form they have on their website? I would like to query several of their agents, but that form stops me cold. It looks to me like it would take me several hours to fill out competently, even though I have most of the information they want in one form or another. Is filling this form out a must to get them to ask for pages?

I'm sure it's defeatist thinking, but I really don't want to spend hours on this query, when the odds are that it will be rejected. I can spend (and have spent) that same time in querying several agents/pubs. So, I'm wondering if everyone is doing that and, if you are, how are you managing for it not to take up just a ton of time to complete?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Has anyone corresponded with Ashley Seashore, Kimberly Whalen's assistant, since August?"

Clara, KW requested a full ms from me in April via her assistant AS. I emailed a status query in July to AS and was told they were behind due to the summer hols, and to give them a while longer. In late September KW sent me a form rejection.

FWIW.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
JeanneTGC said:
Is everyone who is querying this agency actually filling out that incredibly long and intense form they have on their website? I would like to query several of their agents, but that form stops me cold. It looks to me like it would take me several hours to fill out competently, even though I have most of the information they want in one form or another. Is filling this form out a must to get them to ask for pages?

Their Elisabeth Weed requested a full ms, and I didn't have to fill out any form. She asked for it via email; but then, I'm one of those pesky "furriners" so maybe I'm the exception!

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
aruna said:
Their Elisabeth Weed requested a full ms, and I didn't have to fill out any form. She asked for it via email; but then, I'm one of those pesky "furriners" so maybe I'm the exception!

Aruna, how did you query her in order to get her to request anything, let alone your full? I don't mean what did your letter say, I mean, did you just send her a query letter via the post and then she replied back?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Actually, I didn't query her at all, I queried Melissa Flashman. This is the mail Elisabeth sent me:

My colleague, Melissa Flashman, forwarded your query to me. White Night sounds wonderful. I’d love to take a look. Feel free to send it to me as an email attachment.
BTW, it was an equery I sent to Melissa.

Last edited:

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Wow, how great.

So, it seems I could avoid that horrible form and just send a regular query. At least, that's my take and unless someone else says differently, I'm going with it.

Many thanks, Aruna!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Jeanne, I just checked their website and I didn't see the long submission form. On this submission page,. they only ask for a regular query with the usual information. I think I got Meliss'as email from Agentquery.. that was back in July.

(posted this before reading your last entry! Best of luck to you!)

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
JeanneTGC said:
Is everyone who is querying this agency actually filling out that incredibly long and intense form they have on their website?

Heavens, no. I just emailed a query. And that's not a stupid question at all.

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
Just an update to a message I'd posted earlier about Trident requesting my MS; Kimberly Whalen decided it wasn't what she was looking for. She sent a detailed letter explaining what she liked about my novel and what she thought was lacking. She and her assistant were very professional and courteous. For those curious about time, I first sent my e-query on October 19 and received a request for the whole MS the next morning. I sent it the same day and received my final word on November 13. So, less than a month for the whole process.

Take care,

bjb

BJ Bourg

Flash Bang Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bjbourg.com
Unimportant said:
"Has anyone corresponded with Ashley Seashore, Kimberly Whalen's assistant, since August?"

Clara, KW requested a full ms from me in April via her assistant AS. I emailed a status query in July to AS and was told they were behind due to the summer hols, and to give them a while longer. In late September KW sent me a form rejection.

FWIW.

Alexandra Bowe was the name of the assistant to Kimberly Whalen who corresponded with me.

bjb