• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kirsten Manges Literary

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Hi again!
The 4 exclusive weeks passed and nothing happened :(
Empty inbox. No matter how many times I check it! lol
Anybody has news on Kirsten?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi again!
The 4 exclusive weeks passed and nothing happened :(
Empty inbox. No matter how many times I check it! lol
Anybody has news on Kirsten?

Exclusives are only for the convenience of agents. Never give them.

Comment from querytracker.net: "requires an exclusive, and responded with a detailed rejection 5 weeks later."

They know they can go over the exclusive period, because no other agent will respond to a full in a week. So possibly they haven't read it yet. So there's hope.

Last edited:

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Exclusives are only for the convenience of agents. Never give them.

Comment from querytracker.net: "requires an exclusive, and responded with a detailed rejection 5 weeks later."

They know they can go over the exclusive period, because no other agent will respond to a full in a week. So possibly they haven't read it yet. So there's hope.

Thanks Julie for keeping my hopes up!
And you are right about exclusives. It's a waste of time...
I just hope it's worth it ;)

sarawriter21

Registered
Reaction score
query ...

I queried Kirsten on Feb 27, and haven't heard back. Is no response from her a "no"? It seems like she's responded very quickly to the other writers who have posted on this thread when she's interested... so I don't know what to think. Cross my fingers still or assume it's a no? Any thoughts? Anyone who's represented by her know?

Good luck Chimita - I hope you get good news soon!

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Sarawriter,
I'm in the same boat. I queried on Feb 7th. I don't know if I should query again. Did anyone get lightning quick rejections, or was it more lightning quick on if she liked your query and wanted partials?

sarawriter21

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the reason I wondered is because she seems to have responded so quickly to others on this thread in the past. Like within a day or maybe a couple at most. So I just didn't know if anyone knows her average turn around time, or if she even sends out rejections at all...

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I just think it's always a good idea, regardless of how quick an agent usually is, to allow a decent amount of time to pass before resending a query, or doing a SQ. I know that when I read slush, I did wonder about writers who rushed to resend--did they not know how the industry works, were they pushy and demanding?

Have you checked Querytracker yet, Sara? If you look under the agent statistics section, it should give you some idea of her general response time. I have her marked on my personal Excel spreadsheet as a non-responder, but it's been a while since I queried her.

sarawriter21

Registered
Reaction score
I went and checked it out - looks like she is a no responder. Sigh... THanks for the help Caromora. :)

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Thanks Sara for your good luck wishes :)
I queried her Feb 13th and she said she was going to answer in 4 weeks. I'm still waiting for her answer. Maybe she's been very busy?
I hope she responds...
Right now, since I assume you don't have your ms tied up exclusively, Send a couple of queries for me LOL

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Oh well, I guess I didn't have any luck with her...
she never answered to my full (not even when I wrote her after 6 weeks telling I needed to know where she stood because of the exclusivity--she had requested 4 weeks)

I thought she was the kind of agent to answer when she asked exclusivity. I'm so sad I was wrong.
:(

wheelwriter

Not a runner, running.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chimita, maybe try checking in with her one more time? She was really fast and good about staying in contact with me, but that was over the summertime (it was ultimately a rejection). It's possible she's just overwhelmed right now, since I got the sense that she was really respectful about writers' time.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Thanks wheelwriter!
From prior posts I got that sense too.
Do you really think I should send her a second I-need-to-know e-mail?
Isn't that too much? I sent her the nudge email more than a week ago.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
It may not hurt, especially since this is an exclusive. Then again, the exclusive period is up so I think you'd be free to query it to other agents now if that's your concern.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Kirsten a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't heard anything. It seems she quick to respond to others, though. :(

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Just stopping by to say that it's been almost 4 months and she never answered to my full.
So bear this in mind if you're submitting on an exclusive basis :)

jenniiyq2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjennijames.com
Oh, guys... Kirsten is swamped at the moment. Completely. Not only is she pregnant with twins and trying to get everything in order before late summer when she plans on taking off to have them, but she's also desperately trying to get the books she's already committed to with her clients revised and out to publishers by early summer. I don't know how she does it, really. I know being prego with my kids--my brain was gone, and I had them one at a time.

What I do know is this: if it's a yes, she's right back with you. She's only going to take on something that she really, really believes in. Get your books as polished and as perfected as you can, because she doesn't have a lot of time to help with rewrites. It's a bummer you haven't heard back. What you may want to do is rewrite/revise if other agents don't pan out and then circle back to her late October letting her know it's revised, and that she had asked for the full in Feb, and you hadn't heard back. Hope this helps.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Thanks jenni!
Yeah, it helps to know about her :)
I hope that by the end of the year she'll have more time!
Wish you luck with your books :D

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her at the end of July and was wondering why I'd never heard back -- bad timing! :( Anyone know when she'll be back?

jenniiyq2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorjennijames.com
She just got back to work this week. She's crazy swamped with back-logged stuff, with just her clients... Give her a couple of more weeks and then query again...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per her AQ page, is currently closed to queries.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity since. Anyone have recent contact?