The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Aris Books

Ruled by Dachshunds smallthunder's Avatar

Aris Books

Does anybody know if Aris Books takes un-agented submissions? I can't find any contact info/website for them -- any guidance would be appreciated.
    "'Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,' the Mock Turtle replied; 'and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.'

And now, back to Plodding! Duncan J Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallthunder
    Does anybody know if Aris Books takes un-agented submissions? I can't find any contact info/website for them -- any guidance would be appreciated.
    I can't find Aris Books after 1991 -- when the founder sold the imprint to Addison-Wesley
    In 1974 Harris wrote and self-published The Book of Garlic achieving national notoriety as Mr. Garlic. The book spawned the creation of Lovers of the Stinking Rose - a world-wide fan club, and radio, TV and documentary film appearances - all on the topic of garlic. Mr. Harris helped launch the famous Gilroy Garlic Festival and other garlic festivals elsewhere. He later formed Aris Books - a specialty cookbook publishing venture at the cutting edge of the California Cuisine movement, and subsequently became Editor & Chief of the Aris Imprint following the sale of his publishing house to Addison Wesley.
    The Addison Wesley (Itself now owned by Pearson) main site no longer shows the Aris imprint.
    R/
    Hamster #164

Ruled by Dachshunds smallthunder's Avatar
    Thanks so much!
    "'Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,' the Mock Turtle replied; 'and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.'