• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Massie & McQuilkin (formerly Lippincott Massie McQuilkin)

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Maria Massie Feb 14, form rejection Feb 15, at least it was quick!

Rane

Duh. #winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.confessionsofacashier.com
I queried Maria Massie back on 6/29 and got a request for a partial on 6/30.

On 8/25 said they really enjoyed my partial and to send the rest along. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Midwest

Registered
Reaction score
Rane, any response? I queried Maria this week and got a request for a full. Even got a thank you note after I sent the full (a first!). The request and thank you were plainly from assistants and not Maria. Wondering how quick she is at reviewing fulls.

Vivia

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Maria Massie on Jan 2nd
R nine days later.

Quick response.

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jason Anthony about a month ago, and have had a partial out with him for about as long. Have spoken with him once before regarding another project that didn't come to fruition, and know that he's super nice.

Keeping fingers crossed!

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Kent D. Wolf? He's had a full of mine for a while now and I'm looking for closure.

This was on PW a few weeks ago:

Kent D. Wolf joins Lippincott Massie McQuilkin as an agent, moving from Global Literary Management. He will continue to represent literary and commercial fiction, select young adult, narrative nonfiction, memoir, pop culture, and lifestyle books.

But he isn't on the LMM site yet...

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard back from Jason Anthony on the partial, but did receive a request for the first 100 pages from Kent Wolf's assistant.

This should be interesting . . .

NoblinGoblin

I write in bed.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Jason Anthony on 5/17
Request for partial on 5/23
Rejected on 5/30

Bummed Mr. Anthony didn't ask to read more, but it was at least nice to have a swift kick in the ass. He was very polite while doing the kicking.

artemis

Registered
Reaction score
Kent D. Wolf has had a full of mine for almost 3 months now. I'm going to nudge him when we pass that point, but from what I've heard, it's not unusual to be in for a bit of a wait with him as he's super busy. I've since revised the MS quite a bit based on feedback from other agents, so we'll see how this goes.

cnhull

Registered
Reaction score
Artemis, I'd love to know when you follow up and what you learn as to learn more of Mr Wolf's time frame. I received a request for a full last Thursday, not that I'm expecting to hear back any time soon. I think the general time for hearing back is, 'longer than we'd like.'

artemis

Registered
Reaction score
cnhull - I e-mailed him a few days ago to let him that I received an offer of rep from another agent and told him I would give the agents with material a week to review it before I made any decisions. Haven't heard back from him, but I'll let you know if I do.

cnhull

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the offer! Now you have options.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Queried JA: 28/03/14
From reject "your project is not the right fit for LMQ" from whole agency: 31/03/14

Bummer, though quicker than I was expecting (Jason's guidelines say he tends to take at least two weeks on queries). I'll continue twiddling my fingers over whether it was my query, my ten page sample or both.

Mr. Orange

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Rob McQuilkin on my debut lit fiction novel after he'd responded positively to my story collection about a year ago (though declined to request the full collection due to marketing difficulty and overlap with one of his other client projects), and got a request for a partial about a week later, then a request for the full 24 hrs after the partial was sent. I've been waiting since 11/30 on a response to the full; we'll see what happens. Currently I've got 2 other fulls out, and one partial.

Last edited: