• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Equeried 22nd March and received a rejection just a couple of hours later. Super fast (wish all agents worked this quickly)!

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
I got rejected in fifteen minutes. An improvement over the first time, she rejected me in seven minutes. XD

AntheaL

Mostly Cheerful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anthealawson.com
lol, honeysock. I think I win with the TWO MINUTE rejection on my query, on 4/11~ On the other hand, I can't take it personally - I had a full out with a fabulous agency, and a partial to another. :)

Last edited:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
It took an hour for my rejection. I bet you she has something very specific she's looking for when she skims through all the queries.

Transatlantic

Should be writing!
Registered
Reaction score
Rejected. 1 hr 19 min.

:) My first response. So I'm not dejected yet.

Gale: I wonder what it is? Since she wants queries only, no excerpts, I guess the letter has to sell that much harder.

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
The author I ghostwrite for sent her the query 7/19 and today, 7/26, received a form rejection. Maybe that means my query letter got her attention for a moment? I'd like to think so, but the more likely scenario is she's got a full mailbox and just read it today...

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Get this - I sent Laura Langlie a query, with this date on my email:
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 10:33 pm
Her rejection? Sent: May 10, 2011 8:43 PM

I mean, hah, she literally went back in time!

No, seriously, I think it took her one hour and ten minutes to send out my R. 8:43 p.m. in Brooklyn would be 11:43 p.m. on the West Coast.

LoLo

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her last Thursday and received a rejection in 3 hours.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
queried her a few days ago and got a request for a full in two hours

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
One hour and 5 minutes from Q to R for me. No worries. I have a couple of fulls out and I've just started queries for this novel. I have to say, though, that it made me feel better to see that she rejected you, Jamie. I'll bet a few agents are kicking themselves over that one.

I noticed on Agent Query that she isn't a member of AAR. When an agent is successful, is the decision not to join some kind of political statement or is it not uncommon for some agents not to join?

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Langlie on 8/25, got a request for a full an hour later, then a rejection on 8/30. It was a form R, unfortunately, but I appreciated her promptness.

shaunta

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Langlie last night about 7:30 PST and got a response about 10:30 the same night...so three hours. She requested my full! I sent it off last night, so we'll see. She's a dream agent for me, so everything I have is crossed. I've been querying pretty hard, and I'm getting almost a 50/50 rejection/request ration, which is making it hard to sleep. My full manuscript is out to 6 agents and the first 50 pages to one.

lori

hello
Registered
Reaction score
Those with fulls out to Ms. Langlie - any response yet?