• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

iowawriter

Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request yesterday from Laura. I sent the book and 24 hours later I received the most polite rejection letter I have come across. I thanked her for the opportunity.

Lindzy1954

Chi-Town Scribbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tiptoe-kisses.blogspot.com
Queried Laura on my YA Novel ARRIVED (trailer on my website) just a few minutes ago. . .we'll see what happens. It appears as though whatever it is, it's probably going to happen quickly. It's wonderful to see all of the good feedback for her, she sounds lovely. Good luck to anyone with something still out to her!

Stan

Puzur
Registered
Reaction score
Laura Langlie has now had my full manuscript 10 days. Is there reason to hope or will I be dashed in the end. Only time will tell.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent my query a few minutes ago. I think there's enough time for me to grab some quick lunch and come back for my rejection.

Although due to my lagging internet connection I just realized I accidentally sent her the query twice...er hopefully she won't be annoyed :(

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got a R 45 mins after I queried twice. A bit disappointed but then I checked my sent folder a few hours later and realized it sent her THREE more queries AFTER I got the rejection.

I immediately sent her a reply to my R thanking her and apologizing for spamming her inbox but I wouldn't be surprised if she had my address blocked by then :\

The weird thing was the extra queries were sent out while I was at lunch. With the laptop off. With no internet connection....How on earth did it get sent?!?

The universe is telling me I should stop my queries for now.

iowawriter

Registered
Reaction score
Jennifer, if she reads this then she is probably laughing about it. We all know how funny computers can be sometimes (and these things didn't happen when we actually had to mail them out, then it was up to the post to lose them for us).

Aubie

Live and let live
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Laura on 4/26 and haven't heard a peep out of her. I'm thinking my query probably got lost in the spamoverse. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Reality-Check

Say it like it is.
Registered
Reaction score
No question in my mind, this agent doesn't read queries. Sent mine on a Sunday, answered in an hour. Don't waste your time.

JessGirl

defying gravity
Registered
Reaction score
No question in my mind, this agent doesn't read queries. Sent mine on a Sunday, answered in an hour. Don't waste your time.
Sorry about the R. Doesn't mean she didn't read it though. Some agents are that fast.

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
I have a theory about Laura Langlie. She employs an e-jection 'bot that auto-rejects 99.5% of the queries it receives. The remaining 0.5% get a request for a manuscript (full or partial) which are then expeditiously auto-rejected, usually within 24-48 hours. A very efficient system.

Of course, it's just a theory.

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
I have a theory about Laura Langlie. She employs an e-jection 'bot that auto-rejects 99.5% of the queries it receives. The remaining 0.5% get a request for a manuscript (full or partial) which are then expeditiously auto-rejected, usually within 24-48 hours. A very efficient system.

Of course, it's just a theory.
:rolleyes:

Also, did Reality-Check join just to make that post? lol.

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
She most certainly reads queries. She's prompt, professional, and wonderful to work with.

Hi. Two quick questions.

1. Does Laura Langlie represent you now, or has she repped you in the past?

2. If yes to above, how did you contact her? (e.g. unsolicited query) Or did she contact you, or were you referred by one of her clients, meet her at a conference, etc?

Thanks,

Doc

BrigidGH

I got soul but I'm not a soldier :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com
I sent her an e-query at about 10:30 this morning and got a response at 3:30 requesting the full manuscript. Woot! Keeping my fingers crossed. She seems to have a reputation for responding quickly. And she's Meg Cabot's agent! :)

BrigidGH

I got soul but I'm not a soldier :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogspot.com
Got a rejection 8/7. Seemed to be a form rejection, except she briefly mentioned that she liked the two narrators' voices, but it didn't immediately draw her in as she had hoped. *sigh* At least she responded quickly.

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
That email address worked for me. I got form-rejected in seven minutes after sending my query. XD

I knew I should have attached pages.

herenow

Registered
Reaction score
I understand how you feel. I really regretted not including a few pages to some of the agents that passed. Now I add a few pages. Unless they SCREAM don't include. If they just say send a query, I do include the pages. I want to sleep at night feeling like I did my best.

I never knew how hard this query business was going to be!

HEY we both hit 80 posts ;)

URGH.... just tried again, and it bounced [email protected]

Last edited:

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe in a week or two I'll try again, this time with pages. She wouldn't remember me, would she?

Actually, I bet she would. Damn it I BLEW IT FOREVER.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe in a week or two I'll try again, this time with pages. She wouldn't remember me, would she?

Actually, I bet she would. Damn it I BLEW IT FOREVER.

Pages won't make any difference if she rejected you on the query.

LisaLRegan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisaregan.com
I have two projects. In January I queried Ms. Langlie via email and she got back to me with a rejection in 14 minutes. Today I queried her about another project and she rejected me in 10 minutes. The form letter: I'm not the right agent for you sort of thing. Frankly I'm glad there is an agent out there who is so fast!