• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
OH, okay. I figured there were probably some conferences going on or something. I"ll just wiat patiently. It just makes me a little anxious--like everything else i the world.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Okay, so I sent a few weeks ago, and my friend sent this weekend and already heard back. Should I resend or not? Is it possible that my query got lost in cyberspace?

frickfrak

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose it's possible, Blind Writer, it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I don't see how a short, polite query about whether or not it was received could hurt, especially if it'll put you out of your misery!:)

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Well, I resent (explaining that there had been a glitch in my e-mail provider,which is true) and apologized sincerely if it was already in her inbox and......still nothing. Why is it my friend is getting lightning quick responses, and I get zilch?? Not just from Laura Langlie, but from EVERYONE.

frickfrak

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, well that does sound like there is still a glitch in your email provider. There's just no way that everyone could be not responding! Your emails must not be sending at all. You could create a new email for free (Yahoo, Hotmail), just to get it sent out, until your email provider can fix whatever the problem is.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I resent (explaining that there had been a glitch in my e-mail provider,which is true) and apologized sincerely if it was already in her inbox and......still nothing. Why is it my friend is getting lightning quick responses, and I get zilch?? Not just from Laura Langlie, but from EVERYONE.

Is it your email maybe? What service do you use? I have comcast...no problems. I also have some gmail accounts (which are free) and I also have no problems with those either.

Can't hurt to resend from a new email address. A lot of the emails I have sent out I get no answer if they're not interested. Some are nice enough to respond. But with email, if they don't answer you, you don't know if it went through. That's the way it is:Shrug: A lot of the submission pages also point blank say, you will only hear from them IF they are interested. Sucks, and it's annoying as hell, but there you are. I'm learning this as I go along too, and while you grrrr at this stuff, it is what it is.

Try again on a different email addy and see if anything changes.

White Ginger

Registered
Reaction score
Laura Langlie

I queried Ms. Langlie yesterday and late in the evening she asked for the full ms. I emailed it to her, but she had systems difficulties, so I had to send it several times in different doc files. This morning she rejected, praising but saying she wasn't "completely engaged" in the ms.

Interesting, the subjective nature of this process... The same time I sent the ms. to her I also sent the first 3 chapters upon request to Joy Tutela at David Black. She asked for the full ms. this morning!

It's all a mystery. I'm delighted with the interest in my novel, and committed to staying on the wave.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query at 11:15 on Friday night and requested a full just after midnight.

Now that's dedication.

Blind Writer

YA/MG Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodykeplinger.com
Well, I got a request from another agent at this e-mail, so maybe I typed the address wrong. It's been a few weeks. I'll check it out and see what I can do. Thanks guys!!

Lovebug

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if she likes YA science fiction/fantasy?

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Langlie is very quick!
I queried last week and within minutes got her request to see the full. Now, I'll just sit back (after I turn a couple cartwheels!) and patiently wait to hear : )

seeker4

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Langlie is very quick!
I queried last week and within minutes got her request to see the full. Now, I'll just sit back (after I turn a couple cartwheels!) and patiently wait to hear : )

Congrats, Suzan! She is very quick. I queried her 5/20, heard back with a full request within 6 minutes. Sent the full on 5/23 and heard back (a rejection) on 5/25. She said she truly admired and was attracted to the premise but wasn't completely engaged by the manuscript.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Suzan! She is very quick. I queried her 5/20, heard back with a full request within 6 minutes. Sent the full on 5/23 and heard back (a rejection) on 5/25. She said she truly admired and was attracted to the premise but wasn't completely engaged by the manuscript.

Hang in there. Like they say... It only takes one yes. Good luck on your agent search!

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried 6/11, request for full in 1 hr. Tomorrow is 4 weeks (no use pretending I haven't been counting the days!) Judging by some previous posts, she sends quick notification to both queries & fulls if she's NOT interested - a wonderfully considerate & all too rare practice. Of course, it seems she also moves quickly when she IS interested. Anyone out there with a positive experience after a month or two? Ah well - for now, back to my finger-crossed waiting.

mcwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I querried her in October. She asked for a full about three minutes later. About a month later (mid-Nov.) she emailed to tell me that she liked it and had passed it on to an editor/reader who works with her. Then in Feb. I recieved a printed version of the manuscript (I had emailed it) along with a note from her, a nine-page letter from the reader/editor, and suggestions written throughout the manuscript itself. She stated that she could not offer rep until she saw what I did with the suggestions. I, of course, did everything they suggested (hopefully well) and sent it back to her sometime around May (a couple of the changes required some rewriting that took a little time). I am now waiting to hear back from her--same position you're in, Dear Author . . . fingers crossed. Not sure if that helps, but I have had a fairly positive experience after waiting for about four months.

stevewed

Aspiring Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steveweddle.com
I querried her in October. She asked for a full about three minutes later. About a month later (mid-Nov.) she emailed to tell me that she liked it and had passed it on to an editor/reader who works with her. Then in Feb. I recieved a printed version of the manuscript (I had emailed it) along with a note from her, a nine-page letter from the reader/editor, and suggestions written throughout the manuscript itself. She stated that she could not offer rep until she saw what I did with the suggestions. I, of course, did everything they suggested (hopefully well) and sent it back to her sometime around May (a couple of the changes required some rewriting that took a little time). I am now waiting to hear back from her--same position you're in, Dear Author . . . fingers crossed. Not sure if that helps, but I have had a fairly positive experience after waiting for about four months.

If they went to the trouble of reading it and printing a copy and writing up nine pages of ideas for improvement, that's great. You'd think they would want to talk to you about the revisions as soon as possible. I suppose waiting a little longer isn't too much to ask. Will cross as many fingers as I can for both of you. One question though and I may have missed the answer earlier: Did they ask for an exclusive look at your revised?

mcwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the finger crossing, stevewed. She did not ask for an exclusive. I was still sending to other agents right up until I got the revision ideas. I thought that if they spent that much time on it, the least I could do would be to stop shopping it to others. I also don't want to feel like I'm using the ideas they gave me to benefit at some other agency. Ms. Langlie has been super nice and super professional, so I'm trying to do the same until I hear something one way or the other. And to Dear Author: I think we can assume that this is an agency that spends a great deal of time working on a manuscript before pitching it. So I think the time, as much as it's torture to you now, might really pay off down the road (at least, I hope, selfishly, for both of us). If I were you, I would keep throwing it out to other agents until I heard something from her (unless, of course, she mentioned an exclusive look), and hope that she is currently working on your ms like she did mine. I'll keep sending positive vibes your way.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
And to Dear Author: I think we can assume that this is an agency that spends a great deal of time working on a manuscript before pitching it. So I think the time, as much as it's torture to you now, might really pay off down the road (at least, I hope, selfishly, for both of us). If I were you, I would keep throwing it out to other agents until I heard something from her (unless, of course, she mentioned an exclusive look), and hope that she is currently working on your ms like she did mine. I'll keep sending positive vibes your way.

Thank you so much! I am encouraged by your experience, and feel even better about her as an agent, now that I know what care she takes with material of interest. I'm sending positive vibes right back to you. Your situation sounds very promising & I hope you get "THE" good news very soon.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
13 minute rejection today. That's okay, I knew she probably didn't want my genre.

Arquebus

Registered
Reaction score
Just got an ejection in under five minutes today on my historical. Polite, friendly, and lightning fast -- can't ask for much more in a firm r.