AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: Laura Langlie Agency

practical experience, FTW Shoeless's Avatar
    I have to admit, I wasn't aware that some of the functionality on QueryTracker had shifted over to behind the paywall. I've been subscribing for years, so I hadn't actually checked to see what was part of the free account and was locked into the premium side.

Now with bonus eyelashes AW Moderator Sage's Avatar
    Basically all you can do for free now, as far as the reports go, is look up any of the query-related reports, and only the "for all time" (so you can't look up data for only the last few months, for example). But it's still good for the comments section and the general info, which I think QT is very good about updating these days. I didn't feel as secure about their info and links the last time I was querying, years ago. It's just sad for me because the #1 thing I used QT for before was keeping track of partial/full response times.

I have my own XL file to keep track of my queries and subs, so I haven't really bothered to see what's different as far as submitting info.
    Paranormal Bromance and Joy (PB&J) - NaNoWriMo - 40,596 words

"This isn't Scooby Doo. We're not meddling kids who are going to find clues and solve the mystery."
    "This is Scooby Doo, except the monsters and witches are real, and they have your family! You and Joy are the only ones who can do anything about it."

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thanks Sage! I will keep hope then.

I only use the free sections of QT anyway, so no loss for me. I have my own speadsheet for the rest.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

I don't buy often, but I did buy a year of QT after a month of submitting. (10 agents, so far.)

This is what I "bought" for Laura Langie:
    -- She has many other clients besides Meg Cabot.
    -- For MG, she's not opposed to MS above 50k, or even 60k, and one 70k, which is good, since mine is on the high side of under 50k.
    -- Reply rate is 81%, although I'm fully aware that is contingent on the queriers getting back to QT when they receive replies, so it's likely higher than that.
    -- 32 positive responses in the last 12 months, with average response time 6 days, but slowest was 121 days.
    -- 209 negative responses, usually taking less than a day to find out, but the slowest is 25 days.
    -- 15 people, through QT, have been asked for partials or fulls in the last year.

The one thing I like about renting QT is I can see who her clients are to tailor my query to her. A good buy, since I'm not the Princess Diary type writer. (Nothing against Meg Cabot. I'm also not Hemingway or G. Neri. lol)

Submit 11/12
    Full 11/12

(Whoa! my very first full too. )

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    YAY! Good luck! If I remember correctly, I submitted to her back in July and had a form rejection two days later. Not my quickest one-that prize goes to Jennifer Laughran (can't remember the agency name). A total of 5 minutes!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213