• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Laura Langlie is notorious for very fast rejections (mine was 27 minutes from when I hit the send button) so getting a partial request? Well done!!

And you're doing good too! Mine was 8 minutes.

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying not to get toooooo excited, but --

LL responded to my query within 20 minutes and request the manuscript. Since she didn't specify otherwise, I sent her the complete novel. Now, less than two days later, she has e-mailed to tell me that she is enjoying my novel ... and asked if any other agents are currently reading it.

That HAS to be a good sign, right?

In any case, I do have four other agents reading partials at the moment. I e-mailed her that several agents were reading, but only she has the complete manuscript.

I am NOT holding my breath ... I am NOT holding my breath ... those are just hiccups, really ...

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
You're probably trying so hard not to get excited here, and I can't help but be excited FOR you.

It sounds like a good sign. Sending cyber-luck your way... NOW!

WOOT!

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
*claps* Ms. Langlie has requested a partial of my ms. I'm so excited that I needed to tell somebody and as I am alone in my pre/post-Communism bedroom in Praha, I decided to post it here. :)

I equeried her two days ago and she just emailed from a book fair in Italy telling me when to send it. I reworked my query this week (with the help of the folks at AQ--I just signed up here) and this has made all the frustration worthwhile. It's just a partial but I must celebrate the baby steps because it will lead to running, jumping and leaping!! YAY!

Any movement with Ms. Langlie? From partial to full?

I haven't heard anything on my end, and I'm curious as to how Ms. Langlie generally works -- procedure and/or time-wise -- past the query stage.

Anyone?

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Must've hexed myself ...

with that last posting, because I received a "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail from Ms. Langlie today.

Brief-but-nice rejection, by the way.

:cry:

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
SIGH...

Did she at least give helpful feedback? Sorry to hear that.

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Arg. Hate to get self-hexed. Spin three complete cirlces--counter-clockwise, of course--so the hex doesn't spill over to your other submissions. Heck, I'll spin too. Might help you, won't hurt me, and I like the way it makes a beer go to my head.

Better results on the others,

kap

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Arg. Hate to get self-hexed. Spin three complete cirlces--counter-clockwise, of course--so the hex doesn't spill over to your other submissions. Heck, I'll spin too. Might help you, won't hurt me, and I like the way it makes a beer go to my head.

Better results on the others,

kap

Thanks, Kap.

Wait a minute -- my self-witchery is a bit rusty, especially when it comes to reverse hexes.

Is it, "Northern Hemisphere, think drain" (spin counter-clockwise) or "Southern Hemisphere, DON'T THINK drain" (spin counter-clockwise)?

No, wait -- is it, "Northern Hemisphere, DON'T THINK DRAIN"?

Hmmm ... I always get them mixed up ...

I guess the safest best is "Don't think -- drink!"

Beer or otherwise.

:tongue

KC Sunshine

Registered
Reaction score
You folks weren't kidding when you said "fast." Seven minutes from "send" to "R." <sigh>

My rejection took three hours. No request for partial, just "I don't think I'm the right person to represent this work."

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
A got a four minute rejection from LL.

Do I get a prize?

billyf027

Registered
Reaction score
She can't be reading these queries. She must have a program on her computer set to automatically send rejections.

tesla

Registered
Reaction score
She can't be reading these queries. She must have a program on her computer set to automatically send rejections.

I received a request from her about 5 minutes after I sent my query. Some agents are just really fast at replying to queries. I think she's just very fast at reading and getting back to you.

Personally, I had nothing but polite and professional communication with Ms. Langlie, who ultimately passed on my manuscript. It was a nice personal reject, too.

Dara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.capriciousquills.com
All I can tell you is that this agency is prompt in their rejections. They've never made me wait long on mine. *Shrugs*

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I queried Ms. Langlie on a YA yesterday morning at 7:10am. She responded with a request for a partial at 7:55am. Today, at 8:37am, I received a very kind rejection. I think it's fantastic that there are agent out there who are this considerate of writers. Sure, it was a rejection, but it was great to go through the process so quickly and effectively. Thank you, Ms. Langlie.