• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
Just sent a query to her. From from I've read so far on this thread, at the very least, I'll hear back quickly.

JonasDG

Registered
Reaction score
Amazingly quick reply

I received a negative reply from Laura just now, but I am actually quite happy with it.

First of all it was a short, but personally written reply, no standard text, and she was very polite. What amazed me most was that she replied to query within 20 minutes... on a Sunday... evening.

I think this is undoubtedly a great agent to have :)

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Yup, me too - she rejected me the same day I queried. I appreciate it because at least I know she read the darn thing.

Carlene

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I got a rejection in 5 minutes.

Yikes! And I thought my 10-minute rejection was fast. She must have just stepped away from the computer to get a cup of coffee when mine arrived.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Wow, she is fast. I queried her yesterday and got a rejection in a couple hours...on a Sunday to boot.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent her my query...I'll post again when she responds.

--Dev

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Just got her response. Very polite rejection.

--Dev

JGC

Registered
Reaction score
Review time for requests?

I read this thread before querying Ms. Langlie, so I was prepared for a quick rejection. However, she got back to me (in two hours) requesting a full, via email. Very exciting!

Does anyone have any updated information on how long she takes to review manuscripts? (I wish she had a website with this information.)

ssnowe

Registered
Reaction score
I read this thread before querying Ms. Langlie, so I was prepared for a quick rejection. However, she got back to me (in two hours) requesting a full, via email. Very exciting!

Does anyone have any updated information on how long she takes to review manuscripts? (I wish she had a website with this information.)

I have no idea, but I wanted to say congrats! :)

JGC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks everyone! It's very exciting to have an agent request my manuscript, but the waiting process is hard. I'll hope I don't hear from her any time soon, and just assume that mean she's reading it and didn't stop at after the first ten pages and say "no thanks!"

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
She's next on my "agents to query" list. Here's hoping I'll get either a quick R or asked to see more.

Good luck, JGC! It's very exciting news!!

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score

Laura is my agent, and I've been very pleased with her speedy response time, among other things. After I sent her my full, I think within a week she e-mailed me to let me know she was halfway through and interested, and then I spoke with her the following week after she had finished the manuscript. Good luck, and I hope you get some good news!

JGC

Registered
Reaction score
Well I can confirm that she is definitely quick - within a day after receiving my full, she passed. I guess it was not meant to be. It was very nice, however, not to have to wait to find out. I always appreciate agents who reply quickly, even if it's a rejection.

Sary

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on 2/15 (a Sunday!) and got a partial request in an hour and 15 minutes.

So I sent the partial, and I got a full request three hours later! She's very quick and her comments on the partial were encouraging! I sent the full and now I'm sitting back to wait calmly and patiently. (Yeeeeah, right.)

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on 2/15 (a Sunday!) and got a partial request in an hour and 15 minutes.

So I sent the partial, and I got a full request three hours later! She's very quick and her comments on the partial were encouraging! I sent the full and now I'm sitting back to wait calmly and patiently. (Yeeeeah, right.)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. The waiting is hard!

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com

Oh my gosh, so exciting! Good luck!