The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Display site] Catman Creative Writing

philjohnsonbud

[Display site] Catman Creative Writing

Hi

I've just come across a great new website promoting creative writing. It's called
    Catman Creative Writing and it's website is http://www.catmancreativewriting.com/.

You can display your work on this site and it contacts publishers and literary
    agents and invites them to view your fiction or poetry.
    It's well worth a visit.

Phil Johnson.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 09-24-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: restored link, cuz I'm evil that way

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    and I quote:

Display your work on our website with our Author Introduction Service 6 Months/ 12 Months

UK Sterling () 35 50
    Australian Dollars ($) 95 135
    Canadian Dollars ($) 80 110
    United States Dollars ($) 70 100

IMHO Display sites are a waste of time, display sites that charge money are a scam.
    Emily Veinglory

"I catch bird!" SuperModerator alleycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Shrugged
    First post is a link to a questionable site? Smells like spam.
    If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . .

banned as an incurable tosspot
    Yep, it's a duck!

This is just another one of those sites that have been around for a while. I can't imagine a busy editor or agent having the time to browse such a site! From what I've read, they're too busy trying to keep up with the pile of submissions they get.

Not harboring illegal parrot awatkins's Avatar
    Looks spammy to me, too, guys. The OP registered, posted once, then disappeared so I've removed the link. Let's see if he comes back to discuss the site further before restoring the link.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    It's YADS: Yet Another Display Site.

These are great if you don't want to sell your work. Legitmate editors and agents don't go there for two reasons: First, because their desks are already deep-piled with submissions addressed to them by name, and second because they can't buy anything from those sites anyway, since the manuscripts weren't submitted to them.

Scam agents and vanity publishers love Display Sites, though: Expect lots of opportunities to spend money.

If you want to feel like you're doing something, without actually doing anything, go with a Display Site. You won't ever be rejected. If never being rejected is important to you, then by all means send your money.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    All that spam, and the venture didn't survive '07.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: