The NaNo Dictionary

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
NaNo requires fast thinking, and even faster writing. Typos inevitably sneak in. Sometimes they are caught, sometimes they are not. And some of them really make you laugh.

I just invented the word "comfortabled." :ROFL:

Anyone else?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I know I've had some good ones yesterday, but I can't think of them. Actually, I was quite impressed that I spelled "queued" correctly on the first try.

On the other hand, I am having trouble with some names. My non-NaNo WIP's MC is named Alatyr, & the document has the same name. Makes it a little difficult with this one being Aftrlyf. & then every time I go to type the character Azrael's name, I start by writing "Alatyr."

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
"Popular onion said the rumors were true."

Ain't MS Word spell check grand? I missed one of the i's in "opinion", ran spell check and wasn't paying too much attention, and ended up with "popular onion." :D

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
"Humilisized"

Sad thing is, I read the section over three times and still thought I had the word right.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Twice, I have written "emothion." What is wrong w/ me?

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but here it is again. MS Word AutoCorrect can be your friend and save you some typing. For the complicated names in my work, I add an abbreviation to the AutoCorrect options so Word will automatically replace the abbreviation with the correctly spelled name. For example, set "ME" to translate to "Mount Everest".

Hope this helps.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I really like "popular onion." Gonna have to see if I can use that somewhere, somehow.

I'm not going back and re-reading what I wrote so I have no idea if I'm making serious typos. If I don't catch it right then as I'm writing (and most of that is just missing or transposing letters) then I'll find it sometime in December or January when I start re-reading and revising.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Humilisized: embarassed until one's ego is the size of a small, dried pea