AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Red Engine Press / River Road Press / Authors' Coalition

Emmanuele

Red Engine Press / River Road Press / Authors' Coalition

Has anyone ever dealt with Red Engine Press? I am new to this and some of you have answered me on the Tate company so thanks on that. Red Engine Press seem real nice and I plan to do more checking on them but was hoping someone in here knew about them.
    Thanks
    Emmanuele

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Also these guys.

The publisher would appear to be an outgrowth of a group of PA authors who've banded together to promote their books. Based on the info at the site, they have more of a clue than other PA authors, but I would suspect that Red Engine Press, like so many other Internet-based publishers, has minimal ability to market and distribute.

- Victoria

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Like any other publisher:

Have you personally ever read any of their books?

Have any of your friends ever read any of their books?

When you walk down to your local bookstore do you find any of their books on the shelf?

If not ... why are you considering them?

Start at the top and work down is my advice to everyone.

That means starting with the imprints of Bertelsmann, von Holtzbrinck, News Corp, Viacom, Time/Warner, Houghton Mifflin, Pearson, Harlequin, John Wiley, and Bloomsbury. Go to those corporate webpages to find the names of their publishing houses. Go to those publishers' webpages to find the names of their imprints. Go to the imprints webpages to find their submission guidelines.

Most (but not all) will require that you submit through an agent.

Here's how to get an agent:

http://www.sff.net/people/VictoriaSt...entsearch.html

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/20...know-about.asp

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Red Engine Press is a small, independent publishing house. It produce hard cover books, trade paperbacks and compact discs. Its current passions include historical fiction, mystery, adventure, young adult and children books.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-05-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: deleted spamming sig

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Their website seems to be extremely outdated, and they're not taking mss right now according to their website.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Considering that jasicasth's post is cut 'n' paste from REP's website, methinks it's a comment spammer. I've deleted the link in its sig; we'll see if it returns.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-09-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: too many apostrophes
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Of myriad sites and blogs, this is the only one still up: http://www.carolynhowardjohnson.rede...ated_blogs.htm
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    It was the little red engine that couldn't?
    Emily Veinglory

Revived in '12. URL currently redirects to: http://redenginepress.blogspot.com/
    ICAO
    ---------