Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to Absolute Write and hope that this will be a great place for me to talk about writing. Maybe it will even help me achieve my dream.

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you can't talk here. Its like a library. If you want to say anything you''re have to tap the keys on the console thingie in front of you.

Kentuk

Doctor Zhivago is one of my favorites too. I love how the plot boils down to seemingly random encounters and of course his manic writing when he and Lara make the irrational decision to return to Varykino. The last four times I've read the book I couldn't get past that chapter dreading what follows.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Sammy.

Welcome to AW.

ac

Odile

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there Sammy, tell us some more about yourself, please...
I don't know much about West Virginia.

Odile

Last edited:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sammy, welcome to AW. I'm over the mountains in SW Virginia. Who knows, we might be close to each other. :) I also have a background in dance (mostly modern, but some ballet, jazz and most recently belly dance), so it's interesting that you wrote about fitting pointe shoes.

I disagree with Kentuck - You can talk about writing here, but you can also write about talking...

What kind of novel are you writing? Hope to see you around AW and get to know you better.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Hey Sammy,

It's an absolutely fantastic place to talk about writing. You will grow here.

Welcome.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Odile,

West Virginia is part of the Appalachian forest. The Appalachian forest is where a good bit of hardwood lumber is harvested for the United States. So, we have scenery. Lots of undulating hills and trees, as well as some really beautiful wildflowers in the spring.

More about me? Let's see, I have lived in West Virginia for most of my life, except for a 6 month stint in Baton Rouge, La. That was in 2000. I have two undergraduate degrees, one in Theatre with design emphasis and another in Art History.

I've studied vampires- folklore, myths, and popular culture since I was very young. My father bought me a book called "Meet the Vampire" by Georgess McHargue when I was 3, and that was basically the end of things.

K1P1,

My novel...

Ahh, I'm in love with it. I'm about halfway through the story at present. It is about a 13 year old street kid who ends up getting turned into a vampire by Dracula.

I would say my biggest conundrum with my book at present is that with the amount of violence and language...I worry wether I should market it as YA or fantasy. It definately isn't horror- though I would love to write a horror novel someday. Just haven't caught the idea for it yet :).

But I probably don't need to worry about all of that- just need to finish writing this one *l*

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sammy and welcome. We have forums for Horror and Fantasy and YA. Don't worry about marketing yet. Just write it and then decide where it belongs. We loooove vampires around here.

Odile

Registered
Reaction score
West Virginia is part of the Appalachian forest. The Appalachian forest is where a good bit of hardwood lumber is harvested for the United States. So, we have scenery. Lots of undulating hills and trees, as well as some really beautiful wildflowers in the spring.

I'm not going to tell my husband about this... He loves forest and hills and will probably want to come and live at your place...

More about me? Let's see, I have lived in West Virginia for most of my life, except for a 6 month stint in Baton Rouge, La. That was in 2000. I have two undergraduate degrees, one in Theatre with design emphasis and another in Art History.

I've met some students from Baton Rouge when studying myself. I'm not familiar with the undergraduate system. I love theatre though, did some Berthold Brecht and streettheater as an amateurproject. I also write some critics for the local theatre and do some organisatory work, all volontary. But my main interest is humans... I chose Psychology. Now I'm writing a book on thinking. The Dutch version is finished (first version) and being read now, the English version is almost finished.

I've studied vampires- folklore, myths, and popular culture since I was very young. My father bought me a book called "Meet the Vampire" by Georgess McHargue when I was 3, and that was basically the end of things.
My husband relaxes by watching those, one of his close friends at school ended up making moovies with them.

Thanks for telling more about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.