Subject: I saw your name as a fantasy writer and I have a quick question for you
From: "Fantasy Book Marketing" <Fantasy_Book_Marketing@mail.vresp.com>
Date: Sun, May 6, 2007 6:55 pm
Dear Fantasy Author
I am writing you because I have a small fantasy book publishing company and I have noticed there are a lot of authors who publish their book only to get stuck with the rest of self-published authors.....unable to sell any.
I started thinking what I could do to help. So I have been bouncing an idea around my head and I want to get some feed back on it.
I am thinking of starting a Fantasy Book Marketing Association. There would be a yearly membership of $25.00 and the purchase of another members book. The reason I will people have to purchase a book from another member is because it will be just one more way to help get some books sold.
When someone joins they we will receive a spotlight spot in our online store with a review from one of our reviewers. The book will stay in the spotlight spot for one month. This will give it more of a chance to be the book purchased from new members for that month. The webstore will marketed vigorously to fantasy book authors and readers. The store will link to amazon so the sale will reflect on your amazon rank.
At first we will offer these services:
1. Email marketing. We have a few different list you can choose from.
a. List of Reviewers we will email to try and get your book reviews. These include online reviewers and newspaper/magazine reviewers.
b. List of fantasy readers and writers you can try and sell to.
c. List of independent book stores whom you can try and get to buy your book.
The cost for this service would be $10.00 set up fee and $0.02 per
2. A Direct Post card Mailing. We have a few different list to choose from.
a. We have very extensive list of fantasy readers who have either bought a book from our publishing company or have a subscription to a fantasy magazine.
b. The same list of independent bookstores. They respond better to mail then email.
The cost would be $10.00 set up fee and $1.00 per post card.
3. We are working on setting up direct mailing of brochures so that the cost of the mailing can be reduce by the amount of authors who add their book. For example if ten authors do a mailing together then the cost will be a tenth of the cost as doing a mailing yourself.
4. We are also working on putting together sales brochure that we will distribute every quarter with new books in our association. This will go out to our list of bookstores and be posted on-line.
5. We will create a forum for all the members to talk about what has worked and what has not in their efforts to sell books. This will be a place for you to get good answers to your questions and issues.
There will be more services coming once it gets going and the list will get better and better. I just want to see if enough people would be interested to make it worth starting this endeavor.
This message was sent by Fantasy Book Marketing using VerticalResponse
Fantasy Book Marketing Association
4408 Bayou Des Familles
Marrero, LA 70072