Not about Walden (or all you ever wanted to know about WOOD, but were afraid to ask)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To me, he's a one hit wonder...

"This Land is Your Land."

Nice...but really, just about anyone could have written that.

What say you? I'd really like to hear your opinions.

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
woody guthrie! a great man. one of the best folk singers to come out of the depression. one of the first folksingers who was 'a man of the people'

this land is your land is a good song, but there are a lot more. pretty boy floyd is good, hard travellin is one of my favourites (with a heavy load, and a worried mind, lookin' for a woman that's hard to find)

he epitomised the folksingers of his time. he was a patriot, a real life tom joad.

he influenced people like bob dylan, steve earle, bruce springsteen heavily. and then some people all out copied him, like early dylan and ramblin' jack elliot.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
What Does Woody Woodpecker Mean To You?

Huhuhuhuh!
Huhuhuhuh!
Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!

Woody%20Woodpecker.jpg

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about Woody, but I once kicked his kid out of my seat on a flight to Altana years ago. I went to the bathroom and when I returned to my seat there was a guy sitting in it. I politely asked him to "Get the **** out of my chair." and he did so, relunctantly.

A few minutes later another passenger came over and said "Did you know you just kicked Arlo Guthrie out of your seat?"

Huh? When we landed in Alanta I happened to run into Arlo again at the lounge and apologized to him. He took it really well and introduced me to the guy sitting next to him. So, John Lee Hooker, Arlo and I shared a few beers and a laugh before I had to catch a connecting flight to NYC.

Ha! What a life.

Reaction score
woody guthrie! a great man. one of the best folk singers to come out of the depression. one of the first folksingers who was 'a man of the people'

this land is your land is a good song, but there are a lot more. pretty boy floyd is good, hard travellin is one of my favourites (with a heavy load, and a worried mind, lookin' for a woman that's hard to find)

he epitomised the folksingers of his time. he was a patriot, a real life tom joad.

he influenced people like bob dylan, steve earle, bruce springsteen heavily. and then some people all out copied him, like early dylan and ramblin' jack elliot.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
What does Woody Harrelson mean to you?

Cheers? He was ok. He's very hit and miss in his movies though. He's like a talented Nick Cage with bad hair and a poor taste in picking roles.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
John Wooden

I used to make ash trays and little baseball bats. I loved woodshop when I was in high school. What did you make? Do you still have any of those items laying around?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm with Billy. Just check my name on the list of "agree with billy" list for this topic.

Reaction score
With children dying of brain cancer and incurable diseases and with people living in the streets and going hungry, I find it very hard to respect a famous, wealthy man who has made his great cause and purpose in life the legalization of hemp.

But maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
dclary said:
I'm with Billy. Just check my name on the list of "agree with billy" list for this topic.

Thank you.

Although "This Land is Your Land" is three chords and the truth.
:)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I never took shop in high school, but these days I'm quite handy with all the power tools in our garage. I made a large bookcase for my husband, and I can do crown molding. Does that count?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I can't think of Woody Guthrie without thinking of Huntington's Chorea. What a dreadful illness to die from.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Woody has his good side and bad side. I liked some of his work and then there are times I just pass on the movie because it's a stinker.

Reaction score
I once made a hockey goal in my garage with four wood planks and a hammock.

The ball or puck always went through the hammock twine and we had to chase it down the street.

But the goal worked in general. A little wobbly and it wouldn't actually stop the puck, but it worked for our street hockey purposes.

I was very proud of that shakey hammock wood planked goal that I constructed in my garage. Very proud.

I used to call him "Shakey hammock goal."

I miss him or her.

Thank you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I had one woodshop teacher who had a problem using the tablesaw and one day he chopped off the tip of his index finger. We had to spend a half hour looking for it while the paramedics were busy calming him down.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Woody or Buzz Lightyear?

I loved Woody. I hated Buzz. But I was still sad when he learned he couldn't really fly. :(

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
How much Wood CAN a Woodchuck Chuck?

Assuming, of course, that a woodchuck can chuck wood.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
This was a great idea, Oswann. Don't forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.