The MTS Braggatorium

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm beyond delighted to have it finally published.:greenie

Congratulations, Muse!!! I always knew you were awesome!! :PartySmil:TheWave: Where can we get your book? :D

Thanks, Gail. You can get the book on Amazon- both e and print - and a few other sites. Amazon links are in my sig. All the other links are in my post here

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
My private eye mystery “With Cunning Wickedness” by was reprinted with new artwork at Trigger Warning: Short Fiction With Pictures. The story originally appeared in the anthology The Shamus Sampler II.

The story is free to read here.

Also, for MTSers who write shorts and are not familiar with this market, Trigger Warning publishes noir (as well as some other genres) in the spirit of old pulp digests. 5,000 words max. Each story is accompanied by very cool original illustration. Paying market (was $50 flat, intend to increase to $75). Writers also receive a copy of their story’s illustration. Last I checked submissions were closed, but scheduled to reopen in a few weeks.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My private eye mystery “With Cunning Wickedness” by was reprinted with new artwork at Trigger Warning: Short Fiction With Pictures. The story originally appeared in the anthology The Shamus Sampler II.

Also, for MTSers who write shorts and are not familiar with this market, Trigger Warning publishes noir (as well as some other genres) in the spirit of old pulp digests. 5,000 words max. Each story is accompanied by very cool original illustration. Paying market (was $50 flat, intend to increase to $75). Writers also receive a copy of their story’s illustration. Last I checked submissions were closed, but scheduled to reopen in a few weeks.

Woot! I read it. Loved it. Quite a masterpiece. Well done, Peter. :Clap:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations. An enjoyable read.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congratulations Muse, jeseymour and Peter! Great work!

Thanks, Lucie! And (lucky me) . . .

My mystery-horror tale “Most Evil” appears in the police anthology Busted! Arresting Stories from the Beat (Level Best Books), just released in both paperback and ebook (also in Kindle Unlimited program).

Storyline: A gangster with strange voodoo powers seems to return from the dead to murder rival hoodlums.

Also – for those attending the Malice Domestic mystery conference in the Washington, DC area this weekend, I hope you’ll drop by the Level Best Books table in the Book Dealers Room and say hello to the very nice folks there.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Peter!

If I'm not mistaken, our very own treasured Calla Lily will also be at the Malice Domestic Con. :D

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Peter.:hooray:

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you, GailD, muse, and lizmonster!

And you're right about Calla Lily being at Malice, GailD. Just checked their program and she's on a Sunday morning author panel (looks like a Supernatural Mysteries discussion). So congrats and good paneling wishes to Calla Lily!

PS - And in the Ain't It A Small World Department, one of her co-panelists (Micki Browning) has a story in the Busted! anthology.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I scored a rare two-fer with stories this month (rare for me, lots of months I’m zero-fer):

One in Mystery Weekly’s July humor issue: “Darkness, Darkness” – a story about a blind man who witnesses a murder and offers detectives a peculiar assortment of puzzling clues.

And one in the new and gritty Switchblade Magazine: “Hostile Plans” – a flash piece about a pair of gun-toting, double-crossing thugs who hike into a wolf-infested forest to retrieve robbery loot one of them buried years ago. (Geez, what could possibly go wrong?)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the two-fer, Peter.:hooray: