The MTS Braggatorium

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone on your various triumphs!

I have signed a contract with The Wild Rose Press for my mystery, Same River Twice. We're still early in the editing and production phase, but I think it will appear this year.

I remain pseudonymous here because I haven't decided what author name to use. It will be some form of my Real Life name, but I wonder if I should go with initials. That seems to be all the rage (I.S. Wench has a nice ring to it).

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on the contract InkStainedWench. :hooray:And good luck with deciding on your author name.

I've also signed a contract - with Fireborn Publishing - for my novel Where There's Smoke. It's due out soon, and I'm verging between excited and petrified.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, pdichellis.:Clap:

L.E.N. Andov

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

I read in places that one of you "sold" a book. And then I'm scratching my head because you make it sound like the book isn't finished yet.

As an aspiring author I am puzzled. How can you sell something that isn't ready yet?

(A)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Well done jesey!

A, once a book is sold it still needs to be edited by the publisher, who will also decide on the final title.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Hey everyone :)

I read in places that one of you "sold" a book. And then I'm scratching my head because you make it sound like the book isn't finished yet.

As an aspiring author I am puzzled. How can you sell something that isn't ready yet?

(A)
As an aspiring author, your book will need to be completed before you can sell it.

Once an author has established a relationship with a publisher, they will sometimes contract for future books to be written, especially in a series, or as onesecond said, the book may be complete, but not yet edited.

However, these are situations an unpublished author should not count on.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been here in a while, but wanted to share that I just sold the fourth book in my series. Tentative title "Nerve Damage."

Fantastic news, jesey. Congratulations. :hooray:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excitedto post that my debut novel Where There's Smoke is now published. I honestlycouldn’t have got this far without AW and its members, which is why I’vementioned them in the acknowledgement.:greenie

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excitedto post that my debut novel Where There's Smoke is now published. I honestlycouldn’t have got this far without AW and its members, which is why I’vementioned them in the acknowledgement.:greenie

Congratulations, Muse!!! I always knew you were awesome!! :PartySmil:TheWave: Where can we get your book? :D