The MTS Braggatorium

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Great job, Peter! :hooray:

I've been so busy this month, I haven't really checked in here. 1) My poetry debut, crime poetry per se, came out April 1 from Charles Fishman/Kasva Press. It's called Veils, Halos and Shackles (International Poetry on the Oppression and Empowerment of Women) and is sort of proof that all that extra stuff you write just for you is probably publishable. 2) I read from my published shorts and the poem at the Scissortail Creative Writing Fest for 20 mins ... terrifying :e2paperba but went great. 3) And now my first review came out for Mystery Scene Magazine. Looks like another regular gig.

Next up is the Menilfest/Gulf Coast Indie Book Fair where I'm leading a workshop, "Sharing Our Truths: Words Can Heal" on May 7 at 2pm.

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Lucie. Lots to celebrate.:hooray:

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Got an acceptance from Woman’s World Magazine this morning for a solve-it-yourself mini-mystery!

Really excited because those 700-word boogers are tough to write (at least for me), and WW is an MWA-approved market and a gigantic-circulation magazine that pays $500, more than I’ve received for all my other stories combined.

Won’t get the contract for a couple of weeks and then it’s a couple of months until publication. But for now – wow!

Best wishes,
Peter

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lucie and Peter!!! :hooray:That's great news. Well done!!

And congrats to Calla Lily on the release of the new book! Awesome! :Clap:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got an acceptance from Woman’s World Magazine this morning for a solve-it-yourself mini-mystery!

Really excited because those 700-word boogers are tough to write (at least for me), and WW is an MWA-approved market and a gigantic-circulation magazine that pays $500, more than I’ve received for all my other stories combined.

Won’t get the contract for a couple of weeks and then it’s a couple of months until publication. But for now – wow!

Best wishes,
Peter

Nice!:Clap:

Also, congrats on the new book, Calla lily.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
So my books in my siggy is now in over 20 college/university libraries across the US. I may never have gone to Yale but my book has, the law library no less. Quite pleased about that.