The MTS Braggatorium

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone. Honestly, the review itself is a little... tepid, I guess. But I was just so stressed they'd hate it!

Lucie, I'll be doing one at least, at the launch party on October 12, here in Austin. You're invited. ;)

Am I invited too, Mark? It's a short drive from Dallas. :D

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I don't know how significant it is, but I Googled my latest release, a werewolf thriller, and found it on BookStrands. I'm assuming that BookStrands is one of the smaller "e-tailers."
Anyway, according to what I'm seeing, it has the #1 slot for horror and the #2 slot for thriller, in the 30-day bestseller category. That might make sense, since my promo campaign was well on it's way for three or four days before being listed on Amazon. Even though BookStands seems to be heavily geared toward romance, I did notice that there were 135 titles listed for horror and many more in the thriller category.

So if I'm reading that right, yak, yuk, yahoo! I'll take it!

tri

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Book Signing Event

I will be at The Spirit Grille in Las Colinas, (Irving), Texas on Saturday, August 24th from 2 to 4 p.m. selling autographed copies of my novel, Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel, as well as promoting my upcoming novel, Storm Warning.

If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, come on out. The address is 4030 N. MacArthur Blvd. #112, Irving, TX. (Behind Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse and across from the Four Seasons.) The entrance is actually on Byron Nelson Way.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Wonder that's...well...wonderful!
Congrats to Mark on a great review in a prestigious publication!
Nice stats Tri!
Mark & Ken good luck with your parties and signings.

Nice to see the M/T/Sers doing so well. :)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Thanks, y'all. I can't claim any credit for it. That was all Buzz. They spoke with me about several ideas but this was completely different. They did listen however when I sent them article on how the real purpose of a modern cover is to look good the size of a stamp.

You know, for Amazon.

Warm regards,

Lucie

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
There have been so many wonderful posts since I was on last that I want to offer a blanket "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!" to all!

Turns out, the last few weeks of school are more time-consuming than the first few, so I got very little writing done for the entire month of June.

Then came summer. I thought I could get stuff done without child care since my youngest two are now 5 years old. I thought wrong. They are so totally high-energy. They have to be on the go every waking hour and they hardly sleep.

As of today, they are in daycare once a week so I can clean/write/exercise at least a bit again. So, like it or not, I'm back! :)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I could get stuff done without child care since my youngest two are now 5 years old.

Two! :Jaw:And you thought you'd get a chance to write?:ROFL:

You deserve a medal for being able to form a coherent sentence. :Trophy: (Couldn't find a medal smiley. lol)

As of today, they are in daycare once a week so I can clean/write/exercise at least a bit again. So, like it or not, I'm back!
May your one day a week be full of words, happywritermom. (Cleaning is for rainy days when you're stuck inside with the kids, plus, with two kids under six you don't need exercise. ;))

Logan!

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished my very first draft of my very first novel.

I can't wait to edit out all the junk I knew a long time ago needed to be trashed.