The MTS Braggatorium

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah cool, got it. For some reason it wasn't coming up when I tried to search earlier. Could be I was spelling something wrong or generally doing something daft. Looking forward to reading.

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
Bflogal, congrats!

In the spirit of celebrating even small successes, I'm guest blogging at Ken Hoss's blog about my experience at the Backspace Conference. I'll be obsessing over the comments section today, so if you have any questions, please ask. :)

Also, I got my first non-family follower on my own blog yesterday. Hooray for small successes!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the follower and guest blog, Jilly!
BfloGal, that's awesome! It sounds like your book is available in A LOT of places, which is excellent. :D Congrats on the release!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Nice jesey! Looks interesting! I'd be happy to add some tags; any in particular you want?

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. Cool. I'll try to add tags.

My short story was published today (link sig), the one that I posted the book trailer for here! In other news, I got a short story acceptance at Untreed Reads! The editor seemed really excited about my piece which is now transmitting to me. I've been told that UR is a great place to build a platform as an author, so I'm excited. :D

ETA: Jesey, my amazon account is screwed up at the moment. I'll try to add tags tomorrow. It won't let me for some reason...

Last edited:

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
JeSeymour--

I went to Amazon and liked your book, agreed with all your tags, and added a couple more. And bought a copy while I was there. :)

I've been studying up on how tags and reviews affect sales--so if anybody could do the same to mine, I'd appreciate it.

I was going to offer cookies, but it looks like I'm a little too late.:e2cookie:

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Thanks BfloGal, I will tag yours too. MysteryRiter - I have a short story coming with Untreed reads. It was supposed to be out for Father's Day, but hasn't been released yet.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
jesey and Bflogal, will check out the books! (And tags.)

Got another 5 Star Review on Storm Rising last night! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Police Thriller, December 7, 2011
By
Reader 7 (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Kindle Edition)
I was first attracted to this book by the title, which I loved.
Storm Rising revolves around Kelli Storm, the strong female protagonist, as she tries to balance her complicated personal life with a life and death crisis in her career. She proved a strong lead, yet very human. I felt like I really got to know her.
The story grabbed my attention at the start and never let go. While my schedule required reading this book in several sittings, I could easily have read it in one.
I was glad to discover that Storm Rising is the first of a series. I'll definitely be back for more! -RDM

ETA: Tagged and liked! (Tag! Your it! :D)

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm very stoked that Planet Janitor is still selling, picking up a bit at the reduced Kindle price. I got my first fan email ever on the book today, and it made my heart soar like the hawk. Not a real big deal, but big to me.

"Chris, a tradional, if not old-fashioned treatment of planetary exploration and adventure. Reminded me of the Golden Age tales, a blend of maturity and attention to detail, sometimes too much detail, but with surprisingly accurate science and physics--bordering at times on hard SF. Good character diversity. I didn't have any trouble with knowing who was who, but you approached some cliches in the personality traits. Thanks for explaining a real prep and space flight that was believeable and accurately portrayed. Most authors gloss over the details and warp you somewhere. No so here. Well done!"

From Booksie: "Finally! Somebody in here knows how to write real science fiction."

It's been a long time since I've had some reader feedback. The reviews are one thing, but the readers mean a lot more to me, since nobody twists their arm to let you know how they disliked or liked your story.

Tri

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Tri! :hooray: Must give you a wonderful, warm feeling.