Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16415660616263646566
Results 1,626 to 1,630 of 1630

Thread: The MTS Braggatorium

Murder! You want fries with that? pdichellis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdichellis View Post
    My mystery/crime story “Asleep or Afraid” got shortlisted at Criminal Element’s quarterly ezine The M.O., so a 250 word sample is posted there (link below).

Four finalist samples are free to read here and if you register on the site, you can vote for whichever one most intrigues you to read further.

Best wishes,
    Peter
    There's still time to vote! Criminal Element’s quarterly ezine The M.O. is open for voting through Weds night (11:59pm).

My story “Asleep or Afraid” is one of four shortlisted finalists!! Thanks to all who’ve voted, tweeted and retweeted the news, and offered me words of support and encouragement.

Best wishes,
    Peter

PS – While you’re there, check the submission guidelines. Quarterly calls and a year-end anthology, 5c/word.
    My private eye story “Mysterious Private Investigations” is now available in the Plan B Volume V anthology.

Storyline: A private eye seeks justice for his client, but finds only deception and disillusionment.

For more, visit my site Murder and Fries or my Amazon author page.

practical experience, FTW wonderactivist's Avatar
    Awesome Peter. I will vote. And I'm so happy for you
    Suspense author and freelance writer. Check out my words at reverse perspective.

A final, giant thank you to all who voted, tweeted, retweeted, and gave words of support and encouragement re: my shortlisted Criminal Element/ The M.O. story.

Alas, another story pulled the most votes. But mine is still eligible for the year-end anthology, so I’ll wait a few months with my fingers crossed. (A familiar task for all of us, right?)

Best wishes,
    Peter
    My private eye story “Mysterious Private Investigations” is now available in the Plan B Volume V anthology.

Storyline: A private eye seeks justice for his client, but finds only deception and disillusionment.

Doc says: Are ARCs nomable? AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    Sorry, Peter. *sends anthology mojo*

New news! My story “Mysterious Private Investigations” (about 2,000 words) is now free to read at Plan B Mystery Magazine.

The story was published in Plan B’s Volume V anthology earlier this year, and originally appeared in the private eye anthology The Shamus Sampler. (Both anthologies are available through Amazon and other ebook sellers.)

To support this market, which pays writers but posts free stories for readers, I’ll donate $1 to Plan B for every comment readers leave - good, bad, or just hello – up to a total of $10.

Best wishes,
    Peter DiChellis

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16415660616263646566