Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Just received another glowing 5 star review for Storm Rising! :D

stars-5-0._V192240867_.gif
A Review by UK author Paul Anthony, November 16, 2012
By
A P. Scougal

This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by Ken Hoss. Storm Rising tells the tale of NYPD detective Kelli Storm and her partner. The action is fluid, the book well written, and it is well worth investing in. I enjoyed the style of writing and saw Kelli as quite a strongly formed character with a clear sense of purpose in her mission to put the bad guys away and protect herself from being killed at the same time. Yes, it's a goodread and well worth the five stars. Now looking forward to Storm Warning, the next in the series.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Muse, congratuations on your short story! :hooray: I will pick up the anthology. It is never "just" a short story. Personally, I love to read shorts--just haven't mastered hte craft myself. And Ken, what a great review!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just received another glowing 5 star review for Storm Rising! :D

stars-5-0._V192240867_.gif
A Review by UK author Paul Anthony, November 16, 2012
By
A P. Scougal

This review is from: Storm Rising - A Kelli Storm Novel (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by Ken Hoss. Storm Rising tells the tale of NYPD detective Kelli Storm and her partner. The action is fluid, the book well written, and it is well worth investing in. I enjoyed the style of writing and saw Kelli as quite a strongly formed character with a clear sense of purpose in her mission to put the bad guys away and protect herself from being killed at the same time. Yes, it's a goodread and well worth the five stars. Now looking forward to Storm Warning, the next in the series.

What a fantastic review, Ken.:Clap:

Muse, congratuations on your short story! :hooray: I will pick up the anthology. It is never "just" a short story. Personally, I love to read shorts--just haven't mastered hte craft myself. And Ken, what a great review!

Thanks, Lucie. Apart from winning a few contests this is my first 'serious' publication. Was always told pride comes before a fall, but I'm a tad proud at the moment.:e2woo:

*Waits for the bolt of lightning to strike.*:D

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, muse. Always nice when people enjoy your work enough to review it.

Thanks, Lucie. Apart from winning a few contests this is my first 'serious' publication. Was always told pride comes before a fall, but I'm a tad proud at the moment.:e2woo:

*Waits for the bold of lightning to strike.*:D

Ask and ye shall receive. :tongue
:badthoughts

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:Jeeze, thanks, Ken, talk about pulling a girl down to earth.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, History.:D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
New Review for Storm Warning

5 Star Review for Storm Warning - November 26, 2012
By authorpholloway

"This character, Kelli Storm, is a kick! She's the main character in both of the Storm books. I enjoyed reading this book very much. I love the character though she has plenty of room to grow. She is a recovering alcoholic and the author has portrayed that personality beautifully. She is a female version of Dirty Harry and, like him, she makes those in authority angry at her and she gets suspended sometimes, but she has a toughness that I like to see in women and she gets the job done. Thanks Kenneth for another fine book. Looking forward to the next one."

Storm Warning - A Kelli Storm Novel

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another great review, Ken.:Clap:

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Thought that I'd drop in and mention that The Devil's Blues is featured in the December issue of the International Thriller Writers webzine, "The Big Thrill". It's not on the market yet, but should be real soon.
http://bit.ly/UbmffO

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thought that I'd drop in and mention that The Devil's Blues is featured in the December issue of the International Thriller Writers webzine, "The Big Thrill". It's not on the market yet, but should be real soon.
http://bit.ly/UbmffO

That is so cool! Congrats!:PartySmil

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
THANK YOU! My first month's check-in

Y'all, I found out on Sunday that DISTORTION met my sales goal for the first month. YAY!

:partyguy:

It feels so strange since I only signed with Buzz in May and was extremely down, considering giving up writing in mid-April. Y'all helped me through that rough stage and your support empowered me to enter a contest (that I won, albeit with a different publisher) and GO to the conference where I met my editor. I was initially nervous about signing with a small press. I mean, I have to really fight for every space on a shelf in a bookshop because the book's non-returnable, but my experience has been such a good one so far.

I've had a total of about 15 events (in-person, on-air, and online) with at least 5 more planned for the future. My publisher says things like "next Spring" and asked me to write a blog about my WIP. Crossing my fingers on Book 2. I have experienced such great camaraderie here and through the book world. Bestselling author William Bernhardt wrote a great blurb for me. Each city I visited for a book signing has led to a newspaper article and sometimes a radio spot. People I've never met came out to meet me or get their books signed. And there's more in the works.

Two fun things to share:

Hank Phillipi Ryan invited me to guest blog on Jungle Reds, I mentioned the SYW board, if not by name:
http://www.jungleredwriters.com/2012/11/it-takes-village.html

And this is my fave review of all--from a woman in her mid-twenties I met when speaking at a conference in July. At that time, I thought, this is exactly the type of woman I would like to read my book (the protagonist is 25), so I offered to send her a review copy:
http://ashleyhorning.com/2012/11/08/book-review-distortion-by-lucie-smoker/

If connecting is what writing is about, I'd call this month a success. The sales are good too.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all, I found out on Sunday that DISTORTION met my sales goal for the first month. YAY!

:partyguy:

It feels so strange since I only signed with Buzz in May and was extremely down, considering giving up writing in mid-April. Y'all helped me through that rough stage and your support empowered me to enter a contest (that I won, albeit with a different publisher) and GO to the conference where I met my editor. I was initially nervous about signing with a small press. I mean, I have to really fight for every space on a shelf in a bookshop because the book's non-returnable, but my experience has been such a good one so far.

I've had a total of about 15 events (in-person, on-air, and online) with at least 5 more planned for the future. My publisher says things like "next Spring" and asked me to write a blog about my WIP. Crossing my fingers on Book 2. I have experienced such great camaraderie here and through the book world. Bestselling author William Bernhardt wrote a great blurb for me. Each city I visited for a book signing has led to a newspaper article and sometimes a radio spot. People I've never met came out to meet me or get their books signed. And there's more in the works.

Two fun things to share:

Hank Phillipi Ryan invited me to guest blog on Jungle Reds, I mentioned the SYW board, if not by name:
http://www.jungleredwriters.com/2012/11/it-takes-village.html

And this is my fave review of all--from a woman in her mid-twenties I met when speaking at a conference in July. At that time, I thought, this is exactly the type of woman I would like to read my book (the protagonist is 25), so I offered to send her a review copy:
http://ashleyhorning.com/2012/11/08/book-review-distortion-by-lucie-smoker/

If connecting is what writing is about, I'd call this month a success. The sales are good too.

Congrats on meeting your sales goal, and such great reviews.:partyguy:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
I'm not quite sure if this is a bragging thing really but it's close. I have a plagerism issue going on with one of the books I wrote. So I figured well, I'll do the createspace thing for it (as I didn't have any books left) so it will be in the public eye more than locally. Come to find out my co-author found a couple case when she moved of our second edition. (I'm not sure if that's good or bad.)

Well I finally have them for sale on Amazon here. Soooo when those are gone then I'll worry about createspace. I'm sure that will be a while. :)

Took a bit to get them on Amazon as they were printed 12 years ago, no ISBN. At the time I figured it would be just a local thing. So I had to get an exemption from Amazon for no ISBN and they assigned me their own number.

I still have to figure out pictures so I can do the kindle etc thing.

It will be interesting as the first edition sells on Amazon as a collector's item.