The MTS Braggatorium

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Congratulations Peter! :hooray::hooray: That's so awesome.

BTW, I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I've just been awarded a full scholarship to Killer Nashville—airfare, hotel and all conference activities. I'm told a very famous thriller writer is responsible and they even gave me her email so I can write her. I'm so excited but don't know a soul there. Is anyone else going to Killer Nashville?

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Congratulations Peter! :hooray::hooray: That's so awesome.

BTW, I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I've just been awarded a full scholarship to Killer Nashville—airfare, hotel and all conference activities. I'm told a very famous thriller writer is responsible and they even gave me her email so I can write her. I'm so excited but don't know a soul there. Is anyone else going to Killer Nashville?

Lucie! That's awesome! Was it the same thriller writer who spoke at our conference?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations, wonder.:hooray:

Why don't you ask on the main board whether anyone is going to Killer Nashville?

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks y'all! No, it was Lisa Jackson. I absolutely love her work so am on pins & needles as to whether I'll get to thank her in person. I'm getting very nervous too. :e2paperba I have to give a five. minute. speech.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks y'all! No, it was Lisa Jackson. I absolutely love her work so am on pins & needles as to whether I'll get to thank her in person. I'm getting very nervous too. :e2paperba I have to give a five. minute. speech.

Lisa Jackson! You lucky thing.

A speech...Oh, er...:gone:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
And I'll ask on the main board after it's formally announced in a day or few. They just got my photo so I think it'll be on the website soon. You guys have helped me from the beginning. I always SQUEE here first.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats, Wonder!!! Please let us know how it went. Can't wait to hear your news. :D

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
My story “The Belle Hope” (a humorous private eye yarn about sunken treasure and missing treasure hunters) was accepted for the Malice Domestic anthology Murder Most Geographical. Publication is scheduled for April 2018, in conjunction with the annual Malice Domestic mystery convention.

Really a pleasure to have a story alongside so many authors whose work I enjoy!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Peter, Malice is one of the better cons for cozies and other mysteries. Hope to see you there one day! I’ll be attending for the next 5 at least, until my contract finishes.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thank you, GailD!

Calla Lily, Thank you for the info. I didn't realize publishers' contracts were so specific about promo appearances. Not sure whether I'll be attending, but if I do I'll look you up!

Best wishes,
Peter

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Peter. Fantastic news!:hooray:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Starting 2018 with a (flash) bang! My humorous 700-word mystery “Listen Up” is the cover story (and free to read) at Flash Bang Mysteries. Click here then click the 'zine cover for links to all stories.

:hooray: :hooray: Well done, Pete! :hooray: :hooray:

And I loved the story. I won't say why, because spoilers. :D

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I realize this thread’s been quiet lately, but am posting anyway because I’ve had such a rare run of good luck over the past week or so:

My You-Solve-It whodunit “Treasure Cave” appears in the new issue of Mystery Weekly Magazine, released Sept 29.
My crime-horror story “Dead Ringer” appears in the new issue of Kzine, also released Sept 29.
My crime-horror story “Disaster Adjuster” was reprinted in The Literary Hatchet, released Sept 24. (The story originally appeared in Kzine in 2017.)
And finally, superstar mystery/crime blog The Rap Sheet included my blog (A short walk down a dark street) on its annual list of favorite blogs!

Now I’m just waiting for Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway to show up with an envelope and tell me it’s all a mistake.