Fantastic news, HS.:Clap::Clap:

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
I've got something that's almost Braggatoria, and I hope is fun. I guest-posted a humorous bit about "Character Rebellion" at the MotiveMeansOpportunity mystery writer blog. Topic: What happens when your characters won't cooperate with the story you want to write?

In my case, characters in my grave-robbing WIP decided robbing graves is too much hard work, so they issued a list of complaints! If you’ve got a minute for a quick laugh, click here to visit.

Best wishes,
Peter

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
So my book in my siggy is up to 32 college/university libraries in 19 states, and 1 of them in Ont., Canada; and a 350-yr-old library in Berlin, Germany that I can't pronounce. It was well received in the Native American communities I spoke at and they want me back to speak to larger groups. The signings I did for other folks have been pretty good too. Sometime within the next two months I'll know about royalties. But with this particular book, to be honest, I'm more interested in it being well received. I'm addicted to worldcat. :)

Last edited:

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
So my book in my siggy is up to 32 college/university libraries in 19 states, and 1 of them in Ont., Canada; and a 350-yr-old library in Berlin, Germany that I can't pronounce. It was well received in the Native American communities I spoke at and they want me back to speak to larger groups. The signings I did for other folks have been pretty good too. Sometime within the next two months I'll know about royalties. But with this particular book, to be honest, I'm more interested in it being well received. I'm addicted to worldcat. :)

Great! Hope the royalties bring success too!

Best,
Peter

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Thanks Peter! It's a shame Calla Lily that a lot of regular libraries don't use worldcat any more and opt for their own regional systems. Cost I imagine?

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Peter.:hooray:

Schussman

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, deep breath, I have a braggatoria... I published Counterpart through Smashwords back in 2011. Then I stumbled across a publisher here at AW (Vinspire) and submitted El Tiburon. They published it last year, and they just made it an audiobook. I'm so excited.

The reviews have been great, but the sales are low. I don't understand how that works. Can anyone explain how books can be praised, but no sales?

Now I'm working on my fourth book (my third book is on the bench for not behaving).

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Nice, Schussman! Must be fun to hear your work out loud. Congratulations!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Schussman. Fantastic news.:Clap:

Schussman

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your encouragement everyone :) Audio books are pretty amazing, especially because it's really not how I operate creatively. I'm into the written word, so it's kinda strange to have it in a format I wouldn't be interested in. I got to talk with the voice artist first... he waanted to get a feel about the characters to give him perspective. If you're interested, I interviewed him on my blog (Jim Foster). I interview authors all the time, but this was my first VO.

http://hschussman.blogspot.com/