I hope the surpreme court overturns this one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
I hope this is taken down, but the pessimist in me is screaming otherwise. :(

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I wish someone had the balls to impeach him. Just imagine how much more damage he could do over the next couple of years. :(

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
WDS said:
I hope this is taken down, but the pessimist in me is screaming otherwise. :(

I as well. We are becoming a dictatorship and no one is even stopping it. What's the point of having congress if they won't even read the bills that are passing before their eyes?!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
lol. Your president is an ugly little man. All he needs is the tiny moustache.

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, ALL of those fat ****s sitting in Washington are scum. They ALL want your money. And they ALL want to tell you when you can fart. If you think one party is not this way, then you are a fool.

Good day.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Andre_Laurent said:
Let's be honest here, ALL of those fat ****s sitting in Washington are scum. They ALL want your money. And they ALL want to tell you when you can fart. If you think one party is not this way, then you are a fool.

Good day.

I think there are a few good individuals, you can't lump them all together, some politicians are truly good people looking to make a difference and that applies everywhere that politics occur. However, they are in the minority at this time and they are often the more outspoken of the lot.

Reaction score
icerose said:
We are becoming a dictatorship and no one is even stopping it.

Dictatorships don't have elections, so don't worry. I assure you everything will be fine.

Thank you.
:)

Reaction score
Sheryl Nantus said:
I've yet to see a good politician in ANY country that serves more than a single term.

it's like some sort of viral corruption gets them all, no matter what country they happen to be in.

I'm sure there are a few, but generally, that's why I'm for term limits for all political offices.

One term, then goodbye.

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
I'm sure there are a few, but generally, that's why I'm for term limits for all political offices.

One term, then goodbye.
It will never happen. They aren't going to vote themselves out of money and power.

Oh Gawd, shut me up before I really get started on them. :D

loquax

I verb nouns adverbly
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Dictatorships don't have elections, so don't worry. I assure you everything will be fine.

Thank you.
:)
If I wanted to start a dictatorship, I would continue the elections, and just rig them as to maintain the illusion of freedom. I hope America never does that.

Reaction score
loquax said:
If I wanted to start a dictatorship, I would continue the elections, and just rig them as to maintain the illusion of freedom. I hope America never does that.

Don't worry.

Every 4-8 years we'll have a new President. Every 2-6 years we'll have new congresses for the long long foreseeable future.

It's all good in the hood.

holla

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Don't worry.

Every 4-8 years we'll have a new President. Every 2-6 years we'll have new congresses for the long long foreseeable future.

It's all good in the hood.

holla

Unless of course you pass masses of laws that take away all the freedoms, then what's the point of elections if anyone can storm into your house, arrest you without due cause, and keep you there until they feel like letting you out without being forced to tell you why you were even there in the first place?

I mean really, can anyone say China?

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
icerose said:
Unless of course you pass masses of laws that take away all the freedoms, then what's the point of elections if anyone can storm into your house, arrest you without due cause, and keep you there until they feel like letting you out without being forced to tell you why you were even there in the first place?

I mean really, can anyone say China?
Even with the thieves we keep electing, this is still the best of a sorry lot. I have no desire to live in China and I don't think you would like it either.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Andre_Laurent said:
Even with the thieves we keep electing, this is still the best of a sorry lot. I have no desire to live in China and I don't think you would like it either.

I have no desire to live there but our country is quickly becoming such, unless someone pulls back hard on the reigns and stops this nonsense.

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
icerose said:
I have no desire to live there but our country is quickly becoming such, unless someone pulls back hard on the reigns and stops this nonsense.
It isn't going to happen. Perhaps if we get the **** bombed out of us one day, people will wake up.

As long as we have the current republicrats, nothing will change.

Reaction score
icerose said:

Yeah, well luckily we don't have those laws and never will.

I suggest you do a little more in depth analysis of the law that was passed regarding enemy combatants and all of your "habeas corpus" worries and contentions.

Thank you.

Reaction score
icerose said:

Not even close.

:eye roll and with a headshake emoticon:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
loquax said:

Which is exactly what a fair number of dictators do and have done historically. Castro has elections, doesn't he? Mugabe, too, I believe. Saddam Hussein had elections. The Soviets had elections.

Elections only work well as long as the public maintains trust in their fairness. It bothers me considerable that for the U.S. public, by all the polls I've seen, that trust is eroding. Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004 didn't help it any.

caw.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
But Thrillsy, regardless of your personal view of the appropriateness of the outcome in Ohio in 2004, there's not much question that the thing raised eyebrows and has contributed to the growing distrust of election reliability in general. The electronic voting morass doesn't help, either. And given that the upcoming vote is a certainty to be verrrrrrrry close between the two major parties, that distrust is only going to get accentuated. Stay tuned.

caw.

Reaction score
blacbird said:
But Thrillsy, regardless of your personal view of the appropriateness of the outcome in Ohio in 2004, there's not much question that the thing raised eyebrows and has contributed to the growing distrust of election reliability in general.

Not really.

Other than the loony far left, the vast majority of Americans don't even gives the "Ohio outcome" a moment of thought.

The 2000 election was a different story.

And you are right regarding the electronic voting.

It's a disaster waiting to happen, not because of rigging, but because of software failure.

That's why the paper ballots were perfect. Perfect. Punch a hole in the right friggin slot, make sure nothing is hanging and drop in the bin. It's called voter responsibility. Then the counters will count them and tell you who wins. Whatever the counter says, that's it. And there is a physical ballot that can be recounted if necessary according to state recount laws.

But some people couldn't follow directions and then whined when their votes didn't count so then we moved to electronic voting and everyone is whining about that.

So, you can't win.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.