Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Absolute Writer Sport Author "Press Releases"

practical experience, FTW
    Summit County, CO.

Absolute Writer Sport Author "Press Releases"

Not to be self-serving, or anything like that but I was wondering if we could do a "one hand washes the other " kind of thing on Absolute Write. For example, I have written a book that is currently available for presales on Amazon.com

Last year, when my friend Weems Westfeldt published Brilliant Skiing, I queried Aspen Magazine about writing a review. The article opened the door to assignments with many other publications, which eventually resulted in a publishing contract.

I'm thinking that if those of us who have written sport and fitness books post them here, we can be supplying story ideas for other writers.

Gone around that next bend.
    You can be as self-serving as you like.

Congrats Lisa. I hope it does well.
    Recently Thunk Thoughts
    My book makes a great gift!

He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty. - Lao Tzu

Florida (West Central)
    Lisa, do you think Aspen Magazine would be a good addition to the Markets & Guidelines sticky? They sound like a decent pub to work with. Would you recommend them, and if so, do you have any insights which might help other writers break in?