• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Creative Culture

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
Has a dollar sign next to it on P&E.

Novel Idea

Registered
Reaction score
Laura Nolan from Creative Culture

Hi all -

Can't find a thread - Laura has my full along with two other agents. In case the miracle happens, does anyone have any feedback on her? Thanks so much!

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
In 2007 she sold two books: One on parenting and one on health. Both to very reputable publishing houses: Sterling and Penguin.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck!

Last edited:

Maui Author

Halfway between here and there
Registered
Reaction score
I attempted submission on 3/28 to submissionsATthecreativeculture.com with a bounce back stating the mail box was over quota. I just resent it to the matthewATthecreativeculture.com and it went through just fine. So, you can opt to try that addy.

I just tried the submissions address again and it still bounced back.

Let me know if you get a reply from Matthew.

Thanks!

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody hear back from Creative Culture?

I was wondering how long, in general, it took for an agent at CC to contact someone -- especially Mary Ann Naples, via e-mail.

I am asking "in general" because my e-query elicited a quick e-mail back which stated that because of the volume of e-mail received, I wouldn't be receiving anything further unless CC was interested in my work.

Well, how do I know I should (or shouldn't yet) cross them off of my 'pending' list if they don't send rejections?

I HATE it when an agent/agency doesn't bat something definitive back to me after I submit a query ... I never know when to give up hope.

In any case, back to my question: anybody have any info?

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
About ready to query BUT...

Hi guys!

I'm about ready to submit my first query to an agent. I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this. But I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the literary agency The Creative Culture ( http://www.thecreativeculture.com ) .

In their guidelines, they require 4 to 7 pages of the first chapter. In my case however, there is a prologue, only 1 page in length and is very much a part of the story. Should I submit both the 1 page prologue and maybe 6 pages of my first chapter? Or just 7 pages of the first chapter? Or just the 1 page prologue? And what do literary agencies usually require when it comes to formatting? The standard Courier New font size 12 w/ double spaces (this is to verify the number of pages I should submit).

Oh yeah, I already emailed them to ask about the guidelines but I haven't gotten a reply.

Appreciate any input. Thanks much :)

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
There's a thread for them in the Bewares and Background Check forum. And yes, you should use standard manuscript format. Double spaced, Courier or TNR. If the prologue is integral, send it; if it's not, don't.

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
Which agent are you targeting? I'm curious because it looks like this agency does primarily non-fiction.

Carlene

Mary Ann Naples. She was the agent for "When Elephants Dance"

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
There's a thread for them in the Bewares and Background Check forum. And yes, you should use standard manuscript format. Double spaced, Courier or TNR. If the prologue is integral, send it; if it's not, don't.

Thanks much caromora! I'll make sure to check that thread in Bewares and Background Check as well

TrishaHaddad

A Bookish Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishahaddad.com
I agree-- keep the prologue. The editors will want to see if the story grabs them from the start (just like when you're trying to decide if you want to read a book and you check out the first few lines/paragraphs/ pages)... and this will help them. Plus, if you've got a good prologue, all the more reason to pass it on to them! Good luck!!

crayon

Registered
Reaction score
I just want to say good luck, too!! And thanks for posting your question, I too have a prologue and was wondering if it should be added or not.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with this agency lately?